Torture Or Pleasure

"Ryan," a voice hissed. Ryan groaned. That was not something he wanted to get used to. 

"Mph.." Was all he managed to say. 

"Damn it, Ryan! I let you sleep in as much as I could, but now you have to get off your ass whether you like it or not this time!" 

"Skyler?" 

"You're an idiot. Wake up Sleeping Beauty!" 

"What are you doing in my room?" 

"What? I'm not... Yes Ryan, I slept in your room last night. That's why Im here lying next to you in nothing but a t-shirt waking you up like THE NICE RAY OF SUNSHINE THAT I AM!" She snapped, growing into hysterics. 

"You don't have to be so sarcastic," he said, voice sluggish. The worst of headaches he'd ever experienced proceeded to drill into his skull, making him wonder what he'd done to end up like this. 

"Seriously though, what's going on?" 

There was a dull pause, and Ryan took the hint that Skyler was waiting for him to piece everything together on his own. 

"Are you kidding me? Im asking you for a reason you know!" He opened his eyes, ready to give her a glare of annoyance, but was met with the sight of three men surrounding the two of them sitting on a carpetted floor with wooden walls and the smell of smoke in the air. It was disgusting. 

"..the Hell?" He caught Skyler's eyes roll, and couldn't help but a crack a grin. She noticed, grinning back in response. He could tell by the carpet's yellowing state that the room was fairly old and worn. People's footsteps were engraved into the yellow, outlined by dark dirt pads.

"Do you have any idea where we are?" he asked her, casually cracking his neck, groggy from his long nap. Skyler yawned. 

"Dunno, been out for a while, woke up half an hour ago so..." She scratched her head, eyes still half shut. This was the first time Ryan had ever seen her look so normal. It was pretty amusing. 

"The Hell you starin' at perv?" 

Ryan sighed. 

"Cute." 

"Ain't I just?" 

A new voice joined the conversation, interrupting their banter with a chilling chuckle. 

"You two seem like quite the couple." 

Ryan growled, sitting up straighter, realizing both his hands were cuffed, legs bound together in a thick black cord. Skyler shared the same accessories. 

"Nice bling you got there," he teased, nudging his head towards her wrists. She nodded. 

"Better than yours, I guarantee it." 

"Pretty heafty for a couple of kids old man," he said, turning to face their kidnapper. 

A tall figure with stiff legs and roughly styled brown hair stared down at them, eyes hidden behind a pair of exaggerated thick shades. The corners of his mouth were turned upwards in a teasing manner, testing them. Ryan felt his irritation growing, but for what, he had no idea. 

"Who might you be?" Skyler began, wiggling into a more comfortable position where her hands were circled over her knees which were sat up against her chest. It was as if she wasn't tired up in handcuffs and black ropes. 

"I happen to be a close friend of your family, believe it or not." 

It caught her attention so fast she'd failed to catch her reaction a second too slow. They'd all seen it, the way her eyes widened a fraction and her mouth parting in surprise before resuming back to its relaxed expression. 

"Oh? So I assume you haven't heard the news then?" 

"What? I don't think I know what you're talking about," he said, a smirk forming onto his face. 

"Well I guess it's probably been a while since you've heard from th-"

"Actually, I happened to wrap up another meeting with them last weekend, for your information." 

"Yeah, well-....." 

Ryan snapped his gaze back towards the man, stunned. 

"....I-...I'm sorry?" 

He grinned maliciously. 

"Have I said something to surprise you?" 

'That bastard,' Ryan thought. 

"Y-...You..." Skyler couldn't seem to come up with any words. "Last weekend?" 

"Last weekend." 

Ryan knew this wouldn't be so easy for her to register, but he knew that in their current situation, Skyler didn't mind whether they were in any immediate danger, but the fact that her family was still alive, and continuing to assosiate themselves with the likes of their cruel captors. 

And she had no idea.