Awkward Situation

Ryan was put in a tight spot.

How was he supposed to answer her? Why was he always the one to deal with these things?

"Um..."

He gulped, the situation extremely awkward. For him, at least. Skyler looked completely content where she was, relaxed.

She was good.

But he could tell she was anything but fine on the inside.

"Ryan?"

"Skyler-"

"And don't give me any crap about some fake mysterious shit. Tell me what I want - no - need to know."

What's the point of lying? He thought.

"Personally, no, I didn't kill your...boys."

Skyler blinked.

"But our gang..."

She gave me a blank stare, and I pushed myself to continue.

"Skyler, you know this is a normal thing in our lives, and we.... This is how our lives work. We just wanted your status. You guys were at the top. In our way."

Skyler looked away.

What else was he supposed to do? It would come out sooner or later. He had no choice. The truth could be harsh.

"Thank you," she said, after a while. Her voice was strained, and he felt the guilt crawling up his spine. "Do you wanna meet my friends?"

Ryan frowned, surpried at how fast her mood changed.

"Um...sure?"

"Nikolaus!"

"What?"

"Not you," she said, rolling her eyes.

There was a moment of silence before the bushes behind them rustled, and out came a figure.

It was a boy. The boy who'd been with Skyler and those other men.

"Skyler!" he cried, pouncing onto her lap.

"Wha-"

"This is Ryan," she said, cutting him off.

The boy turned towards him, setting his curious gaze directly onto him.

"Hi!"

"Hey."

"What's your name?"

"Ryan."

"Cool!"

"Yeah."

"My name's Nikolaus!"

"Okay."

"How old are you?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"I dont know..."

"Well then why would you-"

"Quit being such an ass!" Skyler snapped, gently running her fingers through 'Nikolaus' ' hair, as he recoiled away from him.

Ryan didn't care how the kid thought of him. It wasn't like he agreed to be nice.

"Why should I?"

"Because he's just a kid!"

"So are you."

"Are you seriously going to be like this?"

"Be like what?"

"Like that!"

"Like what?!"

"Ugh! You're so annoying!"

"You're one to talk!"

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"It means you've been nothing but retarded since we've met! Bipolar much?"

"You did not just use the 'R' word!"

"Are you kidding me?"

"Does it sound like i'm kidding?"

"Oh, grow up!"

"What is it with you and kids? First i'm a kid, and now you want me to 'grow up'? And you say I'm bipolar?!"

"What?!"

"Just 'cause you have some aging problems doesn't give you the right to criticize me!"

"...What the Hell?!"

"You have no right to be confused!"

"......."

"Damn right."

"I...um..."

"Just shut up already! You're just embarrassing yourself."

"You're kidding- right?"

"You wish I were!"

"Jesus Christ..."

"Now you're seeing things? You must be more traumatized than I thought...."

Ryan was so confused that the urge to rip out his hair was overwhelming.

"Oh God, he's so unstable that he's lost the ability to speak! Nikolaus, run to Braxton and have him call 9-1-1!"

Ryan shoved both hands through his hair and pulled as hard as possible.

Skyler gasped, lunging at him. They both tumbled onto the ground, Skyler landing directly on top of him as she untangled his hands from his chaotic hair.

"What the Hell did you think you were doing?!" Skyler cried, pinning his hands on either side of his face.

"You're insane!"

"Says the one who almost ripped out all his hair from their roots!"

"I-"

"What's going on here?!"

Skyler looked up from his face.

"Uh....Hey guys...."

Of course someone would walk in on them during one of the most awkward situations.