A Young Asshole

Skyler sighed in relief. 

She'd made it in time for her flight, relaxing as she sat on one of the chairs near her gate. Oddly enough, she still had a full fifteen minutes left before boarding, and she wanted to get passed all of the flight attendants who were bound to question her about her being there all alone at a young age.

If she let that happen, their eyes would be on her the entire time from the plane to leaving the airport. That was way to risky and complicated. It just couldn't happen. 

As she put her bags down, she felt someone's gaze tickling the side of her face.

She knew she didn't look suspicious, since she'd made sure to minimize her usual colors that she wore last year. Too many people were familiar with her look.

But she did find ways not to stray too far from herself, like the same socks, and keeping her usual para-cords. She even kept her rings, but kept them hanging with her dog tags what were held loosely by the thick chain around her neck. 

Taking Lola's advice, she wore casual but darkened colors, and currently wore ripped denim short-shorts, along with an oversized  black t-shirt that read 'Los Angeles California' on it in large blue bold letters, each word on top of the other, in a smaller font, making it look like a pyramid of words in a messy design. The bottom of the shirt entirely covered her shorts though, making it look like a little dress reaching down mid-thigh. 

A plain black snap-back rested on the top of Skyler's head, the word 'Rouge' written across the front in blue, the letters looking as if they were dripping liquid from them. 

Yes, she'd decided to wear her family's title on her body, but it didn't exactly scream something to random people. 

Okay, that was a big lie. 

She was pretty much wearing a large bold target on her body, as if she wanted to be spotted by enemies. 

But she missed her family, and wearing their title made her feel like they were still there, and she was proud to represent them, even if no one really knew. 

Since she wasn't visibly wearing any purple that was obvious, she decided to wear a polka dotted purple sock on her left foot, and a stripped purple sock on her right, painting her nails different shades of purple as well, just to feel a little better about it. 

She missed being open with her colors, but at least she got to wear two out of three. She couldn't really complain. 

Suddenly, the gaze had lifted, and she sighed in relief, making sure to purposely look down at her lap so the snap back would cover her face. 

Deciding that she might as well get comfortable, she sat on the black leather seat criss-cross-applesauce, the heels of her navy Chuck Taylor sneakers tucked under her legs. 

Thoughts about taking a nap began to fill her mind as she stared down at her legs; tired. 

But before she could drift off, something from the corner of her eye seemed to catch her attention, and she shook all thoughts of sleep away, on full alert. 

Suddenly, the seat next to her was occupied by a complete stranger who was giving her a familiar feeling stare.

Was this who'd been watching her earlier? 

Looking up, she turned to the stranger to see that it was in fact, a young boy somewhere around her age, maybe even older from the way he acted.

His eyes were intently trained on her face, insisting for her to look up at them.