No Name, No Number - Just A Glance Back

"You were supposed to say we were related!" She cried, hands gripping her bag straps tightly as they walked towards the doors. 

Ryan shrugged, a smirk tugging at his lips. 

"I figured it'd be more fun that way." 

She grumbled under her breath that sounded suspiciously like, 'Asshole', and, 'Son of a witch', or something along those lines. 

"Plus," he continued, glancing back at her from the corner of his eye, "it was fun to see your reaction." 

He received a glare as her face grew red. 

"Shut up." 

"You're blushing!" he teased, eyes flashing with mischief. 

"No I'm not!" she snapped childishly, and he laughed, stepping outside onto the pick-up zone. They'd made it in Washington without a hitch, the angry mother getting off the second the plane had landed, poor little Benny in tow. They couldn't stop laughing throughout the rest of the flight, joyously munching on their complementary meals and sipping on their numerous cokes. He'd never done that before, and couldn't wait to try it out again the next time he went on a plane. Maybe the others would wanna try it out too. They were into stuff like that. 

Ryan was so lost i though that he almost didn't notice the fact that he'd been walking alone for a while now. 

Looking back, he saw that the girl had suddenly stopped, eyes trained intently on the SUV that was parked right at the end of the curb. It was Oscar. 

"What's wrong?" he asked, staring at her in concern. 

Her eyes seemed to be a bit glazed over, as if remembering something, wide with mixed emotions. He saw flashes of anger and fear battling in her gaze, body slightly shaking. 

"Um, I gotta go," Ryan said, somewhat hesitantly. "Do you need a ride? My brother could probably take you; he's the one with the black car over there." 

Her eyes snapped to his, surprise and suspicion written across her face. 

"You-"

The sound of a car's beep cut her off, and Ryan couldn't help but roll his eyes at his brother's impatience. 

"What?" he asked, straining to hear her over the continuous insistent beeps of his obnoxious brother's car. 

"Are you-"

BEEP

Ryan let out a string of curse words before flipping the bird over his shoulder, making sure Oscar a clear view. 

The girl seemed to smile at his actions, but quickly stopped herself before shaking her head and pushing her snap-back lower onto her forehead, face covered. 

"Never mind. I gotta go."

"Oh, um..."

"Nice meeting you," she said, turning to leave. 

"Wait- I still didn't catch your name." 

"Good."

"Well, what about your number?" Ryan prodded, determined to get something out of the mystery girl. 

"Not a chance." 

Then, without another word, she hastily made her way across the road and to the other side, sparing one glance back before disappearing behind the swarms of people rushing to get into their cars. 

~

"Who was that girl you were talking to back there?" Oscar asked as soon as Ryan shut the door after him, sliding on his seat belt. 

Ryan frowned at Oscar's serious tone, no hints of teasing in his voice. 

"Just some girl I sat next to on the plane." 

"What's her name?" 

Ryan shrugged, annoyed. 

"She wouldn't say. Weird girl." 

"Oh yeah?" 

He frowned."What's up with you? Why so many questions?" 

Oscar narrowed his eyes. 

"No reason," he said, finally pulling out of traffic. "Just thought she looked a little familiar, that's all." 

"Really?" Ryan asked, sitting up in interest. "Who is she?" 

"I don't know," Oscar mumbled, irritation flashing across his face. 

"Where do you think you've seen her from?" Ryan asked, not wanting to let it go. 

"Where's she live?" He asked, face scrunched up in concentration. 

"Um, we left from London, but I think she's from California."

"How do you know?" 

"Besides the fact that her snap-back said Rouge, and her shirt that said Los Angeles California? I dunno, just a wild guess," Ryan said sarcastically. He waited for the obvious remark. 'Whatever, smartass.' or, 'lose the attitude, shrimp,' or maybe even worse. 

But nothing came. 

Surprised, Ryan turned to see Oscar's face covered with a hard expression, knuckles white from gripping the wheel so tightly. 

"Oscar...?" 

"Shit."