Breaking Into Prison

"What?!

She shrugged. 

"You don't have to come if you don't want to, you know." 

Dylan stood there in the doorway staring at her in disbelief. 

"Why do you want to go there?" 

Skyler turned, the door about to shut closed onto his face. He caught it before she could get the chance, holiding it firmly in place. 

"Hey-"

"I just wanna see someone, that's all," she said, holding in a sigh. 

"Who would you possibly want to see in prison?!" 

"We're really close friends. I don't care where he lives, as long as we're still as tight as before."

"You're unbelievable, you know that?" 

"Are you coming or not? I have to leave soon, so make up your mind already." 

"Why are you in such a hurry?" He asked, watching as she tapped her foot impatiently against the hardwood floor. 

"Just hurry up and make a decision!" 

"Okay, okay, fine. I'll come, but only if you let me come inside for a little bit." 

Skyler frowned. 

"Why do you want to come i-"

"I thought you wanted to leave soon," Dylan interrupted, arms crossed. 

Rolling her eyes, she left him at the door, already back inside. 

He shut the door behind him as he entered the living room, scrutinizing every inch of the room. Skyler watched from behind, head cocked to the side in interest. 

"What are you doing?" She asked, and Dylan's eyes snapped to hers. 

"Just checking the place out. It's pretty big." 

"Yeah, I guess so..."

"So what are we waiting for again?" 

"Oh yeah, I have to get dressed really quick. You wait here." 

She was gone in seconds, the door to a room slamming shut nearby. 

Dylan chose this moment to whip out his phone, quickly taking pictures of all the exits including the windows and the fireplace, then sent them to Oscar. She came back as he'd just finished putting his phone away. 

Dylan stared at her for a few seonds before struggling to piece together what exactly he was seeing. 

"What are you wearing?" 

Skyler glared, defensively crossing her arms. 

"What about it?" 

She wore a giant oversized black Linkin Park band t-shirt that was at least three sizes too big for her. Most likely a guy's. And under that, she wore blue faded ripped shorts on top of shredded black tights. Her boots reached right below her knee and had twelve buckles on top of her long laces, giving Dylan the impression that she looked like she was going to a concert instead of a prision. 

"You got a problem with how I dress - mom?" 

Dylan merely just shook his head. 

"I've got nothing to say to you..." 

~

"So how do you expect us to get in?" 

Skyler smiled. 

"Don't worry about that, just stay close, okay? Trust me." 

He had no other choice. 

He watched incredulously as she approached one of the wired fences, and began to climb it, though he should've know she was capable of doing this. Dylan followed without any hesitation, carefully hopping down to the other side. His feet pounded against the dry dirt, little sole marks engraved into the ground. 

"Alright, now what?" he asked her, as they stood agaisnt the corner of a wall. 

Skyler sucked in as much air as she could, then did something that nearly made Dylan want to crap himself. 

She screamed. 

On the top of her lungs. 

And as expected, hundreds of guards appeared around the gates, surrounding them both in seconds. 

"What have you done?!"