XXIV. The Feels

~~~~

~~~~

"Hello?" I answered, looking up at my dark room's ceiling above.

"Hey..." she said, shyly.

"Hey...."

"How are you?" she asked, trying to make conversation since I wasn't about to.

"Great, how about you?"

"I'm tired. *chuckles* I had a really long day. How was your day?"

"Relaxing actually..."

"Oh, I'm jealous about that. *chuckles again* Look Royal, I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for...treating you like someone you weren't. I knew who you were inside, but...I just let what my father said corrupt me. Truth is, I just wanted to make him happy...even if I had to do a lot of things that didn't make me happy,.....like you. But...you were right, I was just letting him belittle me as if I was still a child and didn't know what kind of world I lived in by now. I'm sorry we lost our connection over that dumbshit Royal, but now you really got a girl missing you" she confessed.

"Wow um--excuse my tiredness, I had just woken up. But, wow-- I don't know what to say. I don't wanna sound cliche and tell you that I missed you too, well a part of me did for a while but then I kind of...you know, put all of that bullshit behind me and forgot about it honestly" I confessed.

"That's understandable, at least you're being honest"

"Yeah, you know I never say shit I don't mean. I hope it don't hurt your feelings but that's the truth, I was still very disappointed in the way shit went left"

"Yeah, I was too but would you be willing to...I don't know-- give me another chance so we can become friends again"

I chuckled to myself lightly. "What about ya dad?"

"He's just going to have to get over it. I already talked to him about my freedom and he just wanted me to pay him now for living under his roof. But once I go to college this fall, I'll be on my own. I hate that I still live with my parents but I have a lot on my plate other than that"

"I still think he's going to be upset if you and me start talking again?"

"Why would you care about his opinion, it's not like I'm a do the same dumb shit again, Royal"

"Aight miss grown up, did you always used to curse this much?" I teased.

"Nope, another bad habit of mine. Oh well, I can't stay innocent for long"

"Shit, I thought I'd never see the day.."

"Me neither, but I think it's time to enjoy my life while I can before....I go off and get my career. When do you think I can see you again?"