Everyone was talking and moving too fast for me to understand.

I could feel my heart beating fast enough that it might just burst out of my chest.

"Yes, because his mom is walking this way," Levi said slowly.

Everyone quickly turned to face the direction Levi was looking. I slowly turned too, being the last one to see my mom making her way across the room to us.

"Momma," I whispered softly as I waved at her.

"She can't see him like this," Levi said nervously.

"We need to sober him up and quick," Devon said looking back at me.

"How?" Michael asked doubtfully.

"Leave it to me," Ashley said taking my arm.

"You meet me at the men's bathroom with a cup of coffee in 5 minutes and you two distract her," Ashley said quickly to Devon before finishing her sentence looking at Levi and Michael.

They all nodded before quickly walking in separate directions.

I slowly reached out to touch the painting again now that Devon was gone, but was pulled back.

Ashley took my arm again and dragged me into a crowd of people.

"Out of our way," Ashley said shoving people rudely to get past.

She pulled me into the men's bathroom.

"Get out." She said rudely to a man washing his hands.

He glared at her but still did as she said and left.

She locked the bathroom door shut behind him before turning to me.

"Wash your face." She ordered me as she turned on the sink.

I wet my hands under the pouring water before pulling them away quickly.

"It's cold," I whined as I stuck out my bottom lip. She rolled her eyes. "That's the point." She answered swiftly.

I sighed before leaning down and splashing water on my face and through my hair.

The cold water felt great on my boiling head.

I pulled my head out of the water and look into the mirror; my reflection stared back at me.

I looked a mess. My eyes were red and my skin looked, sickly pale, as dark circles began to form.

The longer I looked at myself the more I felt like this was all just a dream.

Was any of this real?

"Here take these," Ashely said pulling two white pills out of her purse.

I didn't feel like taking any more drugs tonight or ever again but I still took the pills as she handed them to me.

"W-wa-what's tis?" I slurred, barely speaking English.

"It's acetaminophen." She said as she looked at herself in the mirror.
I didn't hide my confusion as I asked "W-what?"

She sighed turning to look at me. "It's Tylenol," she said slowly.

"I no wanna," I said trying to hand her the pills back, but she wouldn't take them.

"They will help calm you down." She said simply.

I wasn't so sure as I popped the pills into my mouth and swallowed them. Taking pills from her is what got me into this mess in the first place.

"Open your eyes and lean your head back." She ordered me again.

I did as told; feeling too tired to fight her on it.