XXX

ACT VI| SCENE XXX

BROKEN VASE

JIMIN WAS LIVID. the moment his secretary had come in and informed him of what happened, his ears began to ring and it felt like his blood was literally boiling the way every part of him had gone hot. he could not believe that his mother would have gone that far. but she had. despite how much he had pleaded with her. tried to convince her. clearly she hadn't listened. she never did.

the maids hurriedly opened the front doors for him when he stepped out of his car without even bothering to turn it off. "where is my mother?" he turned his harsh glare on one of the maids. the woman began to stammer, "s-she's t-tending to her f-flowers in her-"

jimin didn't bother waiting for her to finish as he stomped toward the room he now knew she would be in. he flung the doors open causing his mother to snap her head up on a gasp. "jimin! why-?"

"why did you do that, mother?" his voice was eerily calm. it made hyunjoo more on edge as his body was literally shaking and his fists were clenched so tightly, his knuckles had turned white. "do what?" she asked, confused. "don't act like you don't know what you did." he still sounded so calm. "tell me why you did that!" he finally raised his voice when she remained quiet.

hyunjoo flinched. "m-my son, i don't know what you're talking about." she stuttered slightly from the shock of his outburst. "didn't you go to the place where jangmi works and insult and threaten her in front of her coworkers?" his eyes were opened wider with rage. "how did you know? did she complain to you?" she scoffed lightly.

jimin's nostrils flared at his mother's indignation. "does it matter how i found out? how could you do that?!" he yelled, voice cracking at the end. "i had to protect my son from that witch! i had to tell her to stay away! that you had someone you wanted to marry!" hyunjoo was yelling too.

jimin was thoroughly irritated by his mother's words. she was completely unruffled by the implications of her actions. without thinking, his hand wrapped around the first thing he saw, hurling it across the room. the vase hit the wall behind her with a loud crash, broken pieces clattering to the floor. hyunjoo screamed, pressing her hands to her ears, head dipping down in reaction. her shock was evidenced by her shaking body.

"did i ask you for your help, mother?" his tone was menacing, eyes moving from the broken vase back to her but he could barely see anything beyond his anger. "how many times did i tell you that the only thing tying jangmi and i together was rosalie? that we had no interest in each other? to leave her be? that she is not the reason i don't like any of the girls you tried to set me up with? how many times did i plead with you to leave that woman in peace because she's never chased after me? how many?!"

she was shaking, hands still pressed to her ears, tears streaming down her beautiful face, her eyes on her furious son, still in shock that he had actually thrown something in her general direction even if not at her. this was not the first time she would witness her son act irrationally when provoked but it still took her by surprise. especially since it had never been directed at her.

"i don't care if you think you're protecting me. i am no longer a child. i can take care of myself." his words came out on heavy unsteady breaths. "stop meddling with my life and ruining everything for heaven's sake!" his voice rose higher with frustration at the end.

his hand came up as he pointed a shaking finger at his mother. "i have no interest in what your intentions were but i swear to god, if you chase that woman away from me a second time, and she disappears with my daughter again, i will never forgive you. so you better start praying, mother, that she didn't already leave. otherwise, you can forget you have a son."

he stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut with a loud bang. the servants parted way for him, knowing better than to cross paths with an infuriated jimin, some of them running into the room to his crying mother's aid.

jimin jumped into his car, revving the engine before zooming out the hurriedly opened gates. his mind on one thing and one thing only. getting to han jangmi as soon as possible.

☀☀☀

*sips smoothie with a cheeky grin* i'm having so much fun writing this haha. okay, so we all know that even though jimin is an absolute angel, the boys have said that he (and hoseok) - though slow to anger - are the scariest when pissed (remember when he got really mad at tae for pulling the chair from under him? i was shook yo). i thought i'd add in that element into the story with my own little spin on it.