XCIII

ACT XIX | SCENE XCIII

YOONGLES

THE CORNERS OF jangmi's eyes crinkled as she smiled wide, sweeping stray strands of french braided hair back. her eyes held the gaze of the man who held rosalie in his arms as she nibbled on a cube of chocolate. "detective min! what a nice surprise."

min yoongi smiled warmly, gummy teeth on show. "miss jangmi. just call me yoongi." he replied kindly. "well, you can drop the miss." she informed. "i had no idea we'd meet here of all places." she continued and he chuckled. "neither did i. who would have thought my childhood friend would be marrying the sister of the man whose child i found." he glanced at rosalie who seemed focused on methodically biting into her chocolate.

"it's one hell of a small world." jangmi nodded her agreement. fingers brushed over the soft fabric of her champagne dress. "indeed it is." he replied. "what about jimin? i haven't seen him." his eyes moved from her face to look round the venue. "oh, he's-" she began only to be cut short when an arm snuck around her middle.

"right here." jimin pulled her closer to his side. "nice to see you again, detective." he smiled warmly to the older man. "please, i'm off duty. it's just yoongi." yoongi swiftly responded. "papa! you found uncle yoongles too!" rosalie beamed, swallowing the last of her chocolate. "yes, you're happy to see him again, right?"

"hm!" she responded with an enthusiastic nod. "well, i'm happy to see you too." yoongi gave her a gummy smile. the little girl giggled in his arms. "what a fan girl." jangmi laughed at her daughter's reaction to the detective. "i have that effect." yoongi chimed, eyes crinkling with mirth. "please keep it away from my woman, thank you." jimin held jangmi closer.

the older man only laughed more. "i don't think you need to worry about that." his gaze settled on a woman across the room. the couple's eyes followed his, landing on the brunette who was chatting with an old man. jangmi's smile was almost teasing as she looked back at him. "yoongles, i must say, you're a man of good taste." her tone was one of amusement.

yoongi made a face, crinkling his nose cutely. "what i meant was, you two are already under each other's effects, so jimin has nothing to worry about." he stated. "mhm," jimin wore a smile similar to jangmi's as he nodded. "the two of you really are perfect for each other." yoongi commented with a mixture of playfulness and frustration.

"i like to think that we are." jimin's deft fingers danced down jangmi's exposed back until a hand slapped his. he grimaced, eyes shooting up to glare at the culprit. "hey there, little brother." bora chimed. "noona," he sighed.

amusement danced in yoongi's eyes. sharp mind able to understand what had just transpired. "uncle yoongles," rosalie whispered, drawing his attention. "can i go get more chocolate?" she blinked slowly. giving her a warm smile, he nodded. "okay, but be careful." he told her, waiting for her nod of understanding before letting her down.

"hey, mrs heo." jangmi sang out. bora grinned. "hi there, sis." she chimed out. "sis?" jimin's brows shot up. "yes, sis. do you have a problem with that?" bora tilted her head to the side. yoongi snorted, clearly amused. jimin blinked, shaking his head. "nope, not at all. love it."

"someone please give me a reason why i shouldn't kill this kid." seokjin's voice drew everyone's attention. he was pulling jeongguk who was grimacing and groaning by the ear. "and why i shouldn't help him." namjoon who was trailing behind them added.

"uh, because there's a detective in our midst who'd arrest you once you do?" jimin shrugged out his answer. "not to mention that i'll kill you for turning my wedding into a crime scene." bora chimed in. "then he'll arrest you on your wedding day." jangmi pointed out.

"ah! ah! hyung, please let go, it hurts." jeongguk groaned, reaching for his ear. "jeongguk?" yoongi's brows drew together in a slight frown, trying to see the younger man's face. "yoongi hyung!" jeongguk's eyes widened. "ah, so you're yoongles." he nodded in understanding.

"you two know each other?" jimin's brows went up in surprise. "actually, you can go ahead and kill him, i'll look the other way." yoongi looked at seokjin. "hyung!" jeongguk gasped, eyes rounding. "oh, he pissed you off too?" namjoon tilted his head. "proper pain in the ass." yoongi responded.

"how does nari even live with him?" bora tucked her hair behind her ear. "you would probably have hung him up on the chandeliers many times." seokjin remarked. "i definitely would have." he muttered, finally letting go of the youngest man's ear.

"what is this gathering about?" hoseok appeared, rosalie in his arms as she unwrapped another chocolate in her hands. taehyung walked next to him, playing with her hair. "communal bullying." jeongguk muttered in reply, rubbing his now red sore ear. "then i fully support." taehyung glared at him. "calling me mentally unstable, the little-"

"language!" heungmin yelled before he could finish. stopping behind bora, he wrapped his arms around his wife. she smiled soft, placing her hands over his. "i wasn't going to swear in front of ro." taehyung pouted. "mummy, uncle hobi gived me more chocolate." the little girl held her hands out to show her mother. jangmi smiled, kissing her temple. "do you like it?" she asked. rosalie bobbed her head enthusiastically.

"wait... jangmi noona?" jeongguk looked at her. "yes? you're jeongguk, right?" she grinned at him. the tips of of his ears reddened slightly. "hyung, you didn't tell me she's out of your league. she's a hottie." he chimed cheekily.

jimin's nostrils flared. "forget what i said. let's kill him and hide his body." his hand moved from jangmi's body. "yes, please!" seokjin grinned, making his eyes bigger. "now you're talking." namjoon added, brows wiggling with a slight smirk. "that's what i've been saying." taehyung ran a hand through his hair.

"h-hyung, let's not be irrational." jeongguk lifted his hands up, a slightly panicked look on his face. the four men looked unamused. "get him!" jimin yelled as the youngest man took off. all the men went after him, leaving the two women with hoseok, yoongi and heungmin.

hoseok was the first to burst out laughing, thoroughly amused by the sight. yoongi followed suit, unable to hold back. heungmin pressed his lips together to hide his smile.

"hey, don't get his blood on the white décor!" bora called after them. everyone burst into laughter at that. rosalie glanced between them, not understanding what they thought was so funny as she unwrapped another chocolate. but if they were happy then so was she.

☀️☀️☀️

all seven of them together woo! another light-hearted chapter with gguk somehow pissing everyone off. the next chapter may have a tiny bit of drama for good measure oop