XIV

ACT III | SCENE XIV

FLUFFY BALLS

ROSALIE'S GIGGLES FILLED jimin's ears as he dandled her in his arms while they entered the pet shop. the shop was a pet haven. there were toys and other supplies on racks. and even a few pets.

"uncle tae, look at that doggie!" rosalie pointed. taehyung gasped, "it's so cute!" he ran to it. rosalie slipped out of jimin's grasp and followed him. sighing, one side of his mouth quirked up in a crooked smile. he'd brought two kids with him.

"he looks like blanche." rosalie pressed her face to the small partition that separated her from the puppy. "yes! should i get him?" taehyung turned to her. she nodded her head enthusiastically.

jimin rolled his eyes as he pulled them away from the dog. "we came here for something else. and you can barely take care of yourself, much less a puppy." he remarked. taehyung frowned at him as he straightened himself. "buzz kill."

"c'mon," jimin ignored him and took rosalie's hand, "let's go pick out a bed for blanche." taehyung's lips remained in a pout but he brightened again when rosalie asked him to pick the bed he liked the most.

"i think blanche would like this, hm?" jimin held out a fluffy ball, eyes on his daughter. rosalie took the blue ball out of his hand, squeezed the soft sphere and nodded with a smile.

she added it to their growing cart. "jangmi is going to be so surprised." he remarked, staring at all the things they had as they walked to the counter. "to think we were only supposed to get essentials."

"well, this is all important." taehyung replied. "even the engraved tag?" jimin gave him a look. "what if blanche wanders when no one's looking? the tag will help them find her home." taehyung huffed. "okay, whatever."

"papa, i'm hungry." rosalie tugged on his finger. "we're almost done, princess. we'll get food soon." he smiled at her.

• • •

the moment they were done, they went to a small cozy restaurant. rosalie's legs swung back and forth in her place next to her father as she tried to fit an entire mochi in her small mouth.

chuckling and shaking his head, he took it out of her hands and cut it into smaller pieces. "here princess," he mumbled. "she's so adorable." taehyung cooed, face in his hands.

"i know." jimin grinned adoringly at the girl. "papa?" rosalie called softly. "hm?" he hummed out. "can we bring sweet fluffy balls for mummy?" she asked, holding up the piece of mochi in her hand.

"yes, of course." he nodded. if he remembered correctly, jangmi used to love mochis too, stuffing her face with them that jimin used to get scared that she might choke on them. he shook the memory out of his head. that was a time in the past and he no longer lived there.

"what are you thinking of?" taehyung tilted his head as it still rested on his palms. "nothing important." jimin replied. taehyung wanted to say something but decided against it. "are you guys going to discuss last night's debacle?"

"have you met jangmi?" jimin raised a brow at his friend. "actually, i've met the both of you and i'm aware of just how pigheaded you two can become. but if you don't talk about it, it's just going to be another dark cloud looming over the two of you and your already strained relationship."

jimin sighed and stared at his daughter who seemed to have no worries in the world. "fine, i'll talk to her." he mumbled out. "and please, don't let it escalate into a fight as you two always do." taehyung added, face serious. "she's the one who always yells first." jimin defended.

taehyung shot him a look. "and you don't yell back?" he folded his arms over his chest. "okay, yeah, i'm guilty of getting pissed because her being pissed grates on my nerves like nothing else." jimin sighed.

"and she has every right to be mad after everything my mum said." he added thoughtfully. "don't forget the whole getting married thing." taehyung reminded. "i think we've both made it clear that there's never going to be a marriage between us. i mean can you imagine us as a married couple?"

taehyung grimaced as the thought crossed his mind. yeah, right now, with their current relationship, jimin and jangmi were in no state to be getting married. "yes, but don't you still have to figure out a way to get your father off it? the man's even more stubborn than you are."

"goddammit. he's going to be pushing for it. he's probably going to start by telling me to ask jangmi and rosalie to move in so he can be closer to his granddaughter. he actually took a shining to her and i wouldn't put it past him."

"that'll never happen on jangmi's watch." taehyung remarked as he considered the idea. "i think the earlier you two talk this whole thing out the better. maybe try hashing out the other issues you two have as well."

jimin shot him a look at the last bit. "or maybe later. one hurdle at a time." taehyung shifted his eyes away, lips pursing. "but you should maybe talk to her tonight. you really don't want to wait too long." he advised, index finger drawing circles on the table.

jimin softly patted rosalie's head absentmindedly, hand running down her soft silky hair. "yeah, i'll talk to her." he nodded, eyes moving from the girl to his friend. "good." taehyung clapped his hands, a satisfied grin on his face. "you can drop me off at home first."

jimin nodded his head again, smiling at how easily his friend switched from serious to playful in a second. "rosalie, how about you share your fluffy balls with uncle tae?" the man cooed, leaning closer to the girl. "please, never say that again." jimin crinkled his nose.

"you're disgusting." taehyung remarked before facing the smiling child who was holding out a mochi in her small hand. jimin chuckled, shaking his head at the sight of taehyung bending over so rosalie could feed him. he really had two kids with him.

☀☀☀

y'all i just dropped the intro for a namjoon short story called CHEAP TEQUILA bc i'm impulsive and can't control myself.