| Miss Gotham City |

Start from the beginning

I spot Harvey and Rachel sitting at the table, having a conversation as I make my way over.

"Where's Bruce? Alfred?" Rachel asks and gives me a look.

"Well, Dad was called into a meeting. Alfred went to make sure it wouldn't take him long." I reply and sit, grabbing my napkin before placing it on my lap.

"It must've been quite important, I presume." Harvey says while raising his glass, prompting Rachel and I to do the same.

"To a very special young lady, who is destined for greatness. To Veronica!" Harvey cheers kindly and I try to suppress a smile as we all clink our glasses. After we order our food, Rachel grabs my arm softly.

"So, how have you been otherwise? I'm guessing GCU has kept you busy these past 4 years." She chuckles and I nod.

"Yes, it's been a bit much although I'm glad I pushed through. I can relax a little bit more now that it's over."

"Not too much though, right? That job at the GCPD is really important, hm?" Harvey asks and smiles.

"Of course, though I think I'll have more fun working at my own pace rather than that of my late professors." I chuckle and Rachel gives a curt laugh.

"About that, I actually wanted to talk to yo—"

A screeching sound stopped Rachel from continuing, causing us to look toward the retched sound. The T.V's were going haywire, the static sound was paired with a fuzzy black and white screen. After a moment, the TV showed the body of a man tied up and wearing a Batman outfit. I clutched at the table cloth and stood up slowly, a voice boomed through the T.V speakers.

"Tell them your name..."

"Veronica—" Rachel began carefully but I was way too immersed into this broadcast to even listen to her following words.

"Brian—" the man who was being shown cries, shaking terribly as the camera goes out of focus for a second.

"—so you're no-t The Batman, are you?" that chilling voice asks darkly.

Brian begins to sob, looking down.

"No, no I'm not—"

"—so, wh-why do you dress up like him? Hm?" He asks through fits of giggles.

Brian is crying hysterically now, the camera seems to shake a bit. This must be a live stream.

"Answer me. Brian Brian Brian, look at me—" the voice sing songs and sighs when Brian continues to cry.

"LOOK AT ME!" He growls and I jump at the intensity of his voice before Brian looks up, his face tear stained and red. That voice...I knew exactly who that was. The rasp and complexity of that tone...it was none other than The Joker.

"...he's a symbol. Batman is the only hope Gotham has. He shows ordinary people like me that we don't have to be afraid of scum like you!" Brian says and Joker laughs loudly.

The camera shakes and his purple gloved hand reaches out and smacks Brian a few times, still in hysterics.

"Ooooh, I'm glad you think so. It seems you won't be needing to worry about being afraid much longer..." he states and laughs curtly before turning the camera on himself.