|| I Knew You Were Trouble ||

"I knew you were trouble when you waked in

"I knew you were trouble when you waked in."
- Taylor Swift

••

Shots of Delusions: Chapter 4

••

I think a part of me knew that this would happen.

"Do you really think it's appropriate to come into bars when I'm just twenty?"

A red haired lady whispered to her elder friend that somehow looks tipsy already as soon as they arrived at the local bar in Seoul. She erupted a giggle, while the red haired girl frowns. "You're already drunk, Irene."

"Aniya." Irene, with a black hair giggled. "C'mon Joy, you're being scaredy-cat." She tugs on Joy's hands, only to push her close against the wall as she leaned forward to rest her head on the younger friend's neck. "Enjoy."

Shivers went down her spine, knowing that her friend was acting up again because of her drunkness. She taps Irene's hand, pushing her away. "Is there any water here?" Joy mumbled, only to hear a chuckle on the other side.

Her eyes widen, looking over to the direction wherein she heard a faint laugh.

Her heart almost falls in suprise to see a tall and lean guy, watching over her while swirling the glass of alcohol in his large hand. She inched a step forward, mumbling. "Excuse me."

He adoringly lifted his brows, while listening to her soft voice. "Are you laughing at me?" She had this small fighting spirit inside, even though she seems a little reluctant at how the bar was filled with smells of alcohol and high people. She didn't even knew why she went along with Irene.

"Cute."

Shivers went down her spine, listening to his husky voice as he stood up to stroll away from his friends. A small squeal escpaed her lips, as soon as the mysterious young man leaned close to her, smiling. "You seem new here."

She blinked a couple of times in awkwardness, her eyes were searching for Irene yet she couldn't find her. "Irene is a close friend of mine, don't worry."

Her eyes widen, lifting her gaze to meet his hazel brown eyes. "Pardon?", "Sungjae." He smiled gently, lending his hand. Her fear somehow eases away as soon as she saw him genuinely smile. She stiffly lets their hand clasp together, as he shook it lightly. "Not a party go-er?" He questioned, while turning his body away from her only to go near the counter.

Joy couldn't figure out why she was following his footsteps while nervously pinching the hem of her pastel dress. She bit her lower lip, only to see Sungjae sitting at the counter while looking at her. He kindly tapped the seat beside him, only for Joy to stiffly walk in his direction while sitting down.