Chapter 13 "No Answers"

It was silent for a while. Both Mark and Jack were staring at the ground in silence. Mark started to feel a bit weird. He clutched his stomach. His face was very pale.

"Mark, are you okay?" Jack asked, concerned. Mark started to puke all over the ground, still holding his stomach.

"Oh, God, Mark! Are you okay?!" Jack rubbed Mark's back. Ethan came out of the hotel and called out to Jack.

"Jack!" Ethan made his way around the hotel.

"Felix is-" Ethan cut himself off when he saw Mark vomiting all over the ground. Mark stopped puking and coughed.

"Let's get you inside, buddy," Jack cooed, putting his arm around Mark. They both went inside with Ethan following behind. Once the three boys were inside, Mark went into his room, grabbing a huge wad of napkins which he wet down in the bathroom. He cleaned his mouth off then went to lay down. Jack turned around to face Ethan, who was standing in the frame of the door.

"Oh, sorry, Ethan, what were you saying?" Jack asked with a nervous laugh.

"Oh, yeah," Ethan said, laughing,"I was going to tell you that Felix was puking, but," Ethan looked over at Mark sleeping,"it looks like you had enough on your hands."

"Oh, God. Do you think we got food poisoning?" Jack asked. Ethan shrugged.

"I mean, I feel kinda sick too." Jack stared at the ground for a second then jolted out of the room and quickly unlocked the door to his hotel room. He nearly pushed Felix over, who was just leaving. Jack ran right into the bathroom and started puking as soon as he reached the toilet. Ethan thought about how he didn't eat much at the restaurant, not to mention the fact that he didn't feel sick at all.

"Maybe it was food poisoning," Ethan muttered as grabbed a plastic cup and filled it with water from the bathroom sink. Jack coughed and took the cup from Ethan's hand. He took a small sip.

"Damn..." Jack muttered, staring into the toilet bowl.

Timeskip

All of the boys, except Felix, were asleep now. Felix couldn't get to sleep because he was nauseous. He was also worried that he would puke in his sleep. He covered himself in a blanket and checked the time. Midnight. Felix glanced over at Mark next to him. He was out.

Suddenly, a horrible smell went through the room. Felix covered his nose with the large, white blanket around him. He looked back at Mark on his left. Still asleep. The smell started to get stronger and worse. Felix threw the blanket off of himself and got out of bed.

"Fuck! What is that?!" Felix exclaimed. He started to looked around the hotel, trying to find out where it was coming from. He couldn't find it. Felix fell to the ground in a coughing fit. Mark woke up, blinking a few times.

"Felix?" He questioned tiredly as he rose. Felix was still coughing horribly.

"Oh, my God! Felix! Are you alright?!" Mark threw the blanket off himself and ran out of the bed. The smell suddenly hit Mark. It stung his eyes. Mark covered his nose in defense. He grabbed Felix's left arm.

"We have to get out of here," Mark said, coughing afterwards. They both grabbed their stuff and rushed out the door, Chica following close behind. The entire hotel felt empty.

"This is like the other freaking hotel!" Felix exclaimed through coughs.

"Yeah!" Mark agreed,"It's empty! Somebody has to be doing this!" Felix raised an eyebrow.

"Hold on," Mark said, coughing,"I'll tell you after we find Ethan and Jack and get the hell out of here." Jack and Ethan knew about the smell too and were headed outside along with Boss and Betty. They all made it outside with their stuff. They all sat down.