Chapter 5 "Me, Myself, and Cry"

Cry was sleeping soundly in his hotel bed, until he jolted up in fear. Cry had a dream... a dream about Ken. He hugged his knees and covered himself in his blanket. He sighed, looking at the time on his phone. 5:30. Cry couldn't fall back asleep, knowing that Ken was out there somewhere. Cry pulled himself out of bed and went to go get ready to search for Ken. Once he was dressed and clean, he was ready to run out the door. Cry was about to reach for the doorknob until he felt something brush against his leg. He shook a little bit, turning around, looking at the floor. It was his cat, Ak. He bent down.

"Hey," Cry spoke softly. Ak rubbed his head against Cry's leg. Cry giggled, smiling. He pet Ak then Ak bit his hand.

"Hey!" Ak continued to gnaw on Cry's wrist.

"Stop that! What's your problem, dude?!" Cry pulled away his arm, standing up. He decided to check if Ak had food and water and he did.

"I don't know what you're problem is..." Cry whispered, crouching down"but I have to leave!" As he said this, he grabbed the sides of Ak's jaws gently, causing Ak to try to bite him. Cry stood up, grabbing his bookbag off a small, nearby table. Ak hopped in it as he grabbed it.

"Awh, darnit! You're right." Ak stared up at Cry with a confused expression.

"I can't just leave you here in the hotel," Cry corrected himself.

"I don't even know why I brought you, you fluffy, little turd." Cry scruffed Ak's head playfully, grinning. Cry packed some cat food for Ak in his bag then walked towards the door.

As Cry walked, Ak poked his head out of his bookbag, looking around. Cry was slightly worried that Ak might run away. Cry got into his car and drove to Ken's house. Ak was in the back seat, along with the bookbag. Cry had an idea. He knocked on the door. The door opened.

"Hey," Cry greeted. Mary looked concerned.

"Hi... uhh... do you happen to know where Ken is?" Cry frowned under his mask.

"Right... about that. Well, K-Ken was kidnapped." Mary was shocked.

"You're joking right?!"

"No, sorry," Cry apologized.

"I was wondering if you could watch Ak," he said, pointing at his bag. Mary looked unsure.

"I don't think he'll get along with the dogs," Mary replied.

"Well, maybe I can take the dogs with me. I'm searching for Ken and I don't wanna lose Ak." Mary smiled.

"Sure. Call me if you find Ken or if anything happens. I'll call the police." Mary took Ak inside and then gave Cry the leashes for Betty and Boss. Cry gave Ak's food to Mary and Mary gave Cry some food and treats for the dogs.

"Thanks so much!" Cry exclaimed, leaving the house with the dogs.

"You know what?" Cry asked the Corgi as he bent down.

"I think we'll leave our car here." Betty had no idea what Cry was saying, but she was happy anyway because she knows that Cry is Ken's friend. After asking Mary if it was okay to leave his car at her house, Cry started walking the dogs. Boss kept tugging. After a few blocks, Betty was starting to get tired. Cry stopped.

"Your short, little Corgi legs can't go very far, friend. You can hang out in my backpack." Betty was so excited to be in Cry's bookbag and to be outside. Betty was pretty much happy to be alive because dogs love almost everything in the entire world.

Cry kept walking until his feet were sore.

"I c-can't walk anymore," Cry whispered.

"I need to sit." Cry sat down on a bench and sighed. He and the dogs were starting to get very hungry and sleepy. Boss was sleeping on the bench now and Betty was, in the bookbag, as well. Cry could feel his eyes start to close.

"I have to stay awake," Cry thought,"we have to get Ken..." Before he knew it, he was asleep.