Chapter 10 "Pitch Black"

Chica ran away from Mark. She was gone and so was Ken, Cry, and Jack. Mark couldn't do anything, but sit there on the ground.

"Hey, Mark," Felix said, laughing.

"I-I'm sorry," Mark apologised, standing up.

"What're you doing out here? And where's Jack?" Felix asked, standing up.

"R-right... about that," Mark said quietly. Felix gave him a confused look.

"Jack disappeared. W-we were both in our hotel room, then I got a phone call and had to go outside," Mark sighed,"b-but there wasn't anyone on the phone and Jack wasn't inside anymore. So I went back outside with Ch-Chica and... m-my car was gone and now... Ch-Chica's gone..." Mark finished, out of breath. Mark could feel his throat tightening as he breathed. Felix put his hand on Mark's shoulder.

"It'll be fine." Mark settled down a little bit.

"Look, there's nothing we can really do right now... We don't know where Jack or Ken or Cry are... Do you think you could try calling Jack?" Mark sighed and pulled out his phone. He tried calling, but no one answered.

"He didn't pick up..." Mark said. Felix didn't say anything.

"What if Jack and Cry got kidnapped too?" Mark asked, worried. Felix sighed and shrugged.

"What about Chica?" Mark said aloud.

"She ran off and I'm worried about her."

"I guess I could drive you around and try to look for her," Felix suggested.

"Yes, th-thank you, Felix," Mark thanked. So Mark and Felix went back to hotel to get Felix's car. They weren't very far from it. Felix started to run. Mark tried to catch up to him. As he looked up, Mark had realized that the hotel that Felix was staying at was the same Mark and Jack had been at too.

"What the heck?!" Felix screamed. Mark ran as soon as he heard Felix.

"What's going on?!" Mark asked quickly as he caught up to Felix. It started it sprinkle.

"My car!" Felix yelled,"it's gone!" Mark was speechless.

"My car disappeared too..." Mark quietly spoke. Felix walked over to a blue Honda car that was wrecked.

"What happened?" Felix wondered aloud.

"I don't know..." Mark replied,"but something is definitely going on." Felix sighed and put his hands into the pocket of his black hoodie.

"Do you still want to look for Chica?" Felix asked, turning and facing Mark. The sprinkling turned into rain.

"I-I don't know... it's up to you, I guess," Mark responded in a deep tone, looking at the ground.

"Mark," Felix started, putting his hands on Mark's shoulders,"I understand what you're going through... a-and I don't want you to be stressed out, dude!" Mark sighed, looking up at Felix. Felix took his hands off Mark.

"I-I know," Mark stuttered,"but... I'm just worried about Ken... and Cry... and Jack. A-and Chica! And I," Mark sighed,"I just don't know what to do anymore!" Unexpectedly, Felix went up to Mark and gave him a hug. He let go of Mark.

"Look, we can put up "Lost Dog" signs around if you want to... I mean, we'll be here for a while because Ken, Jack, and Cry are still missing, but it's up to you, Mark."

"Thanks, but... I don't know. Maybe we can look for her tomorrow. It's raining, we should probably get inside," Mark said. So then Mark and Felix went back inside, slowly closing the door behind them. The lights were off.