Took me quite a while to convince the boys to lend me their floorball sticks for the trial (they were kinda scared the girls would accidentally break their sticks ;) haha, okok I'll stop it with the sexual innuendos already) but here with have it! All nicely displayed.

(Photo credit: http://www.floorballplay.com/general/buy-fatpipe-floorball-sticks-singapore-shop/)

The girls will have to traverse a simple circuit comprised of cones while dribbling the ball through the spaces between the cones, which is easy enough, I guess. (A/N: You can refer to 0:36-0:46 of the video embedded to check out what the girls are told to do)

"LADIES, YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!" Scottie booms. 

Shit, the loudhailer is really chipping away at my ear drums.

"OUR CAPTAIN FOR THE YEAR, LOGAN MCDOUGALL, WILL BE DEMONSTRATING HOW TO COMPLETE THE CIRCUIT."

And here comes the most exciting part of the trial. 

My epic demonstration. 

Get ready to nosebleed ladies.

I grab my stick, uh the one not attached to my body, and make my way to the neon cones.

"AS YOU CAN SEE, LOGAN IS WEAVING THROUGH THE CONES. IT'S A LEFT RIGHT MOTION." Scottie narrates. 

"LOGAN PLEASE SLOW DOWN SO THE GIRLS CAN ACTUALLY SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING." Scottie says dryly.

The girls giggle.

Thanks Scottie, you just ruined my beautiful performance.

"THE NEXT PART OF THE CIRCUIT IS SIMPLY TO DRAW A FIGURE OF 8 AROUND TWO CONES FOR 5 TIMES. YOU CAN USE EITHER SIDE OF THE BLADE SO JUST USE IT TO PUSH THE BALL AROUND." Scottie explains as I loop the cones at a quarter of my usual speed. "IT'S A BIT LIKE WALKING A DOG IN THE PARK. JUST GENTLY NUDGE THE BALL. IT'S VERY LIGHT SO DON'T USE SO MUCH FORCE. OK, PLEASE GRAB A STICK AND A BALL EACH."

A couple of girls dive for the sticks with brightly-colored blades.

Ah, what do they know. A stick is SO much more than just the color. They'll soon learn.

They set forth.

To say it's a disaster would be the understatement of the century. Most lose control of the ball by the second cone and are chasing their balls all around the place. Haywood is one of them. She's too rough with the ball. All her strength is for naught here. Renn Lewis is experiencing the exact same problem. Only three girls make it through with some form of control. A quick check reveals they used to play field hockey. 

You know what, I have no idea how to judge. Other than the three I identified, the rest fail this station big time. I make eye contact with Scottie, who's turned puce from holding in his laughter. Coach Landon is gonna get high blood pressure working with this bunch. 

After about 10 minutes of tomfoolery, Scottie and I decide to move on to the next station.

==

STATION 4 - GAME SENSE

"Good luck Coach!" I chortle as he arrives at the court to evaluate the girls' game sense himself. 

I join Scottie and the other boys on the benches.

It's game time.

It's also pandemonium. 

Despite Coach's briefing, the girls commit all sorts of fouls imaginable. Some lift their sticks way above knee level, almost slapping others in the eye. Some jump to head-butt the ball. Some push each other out of the way to get the ball. 

It's like watching a bunch of wild cats chase after a ball of yarn. 

There's no game plan whatsoever. All the girls are simply running after the ball, which is simply leaking from one corner to the next. Their incomprehensible shrieks and shouts fill the entire court. Coach Landon looks ready to kill himself. The boys are laughing their asses off.

==

After 30 minutes of scrutiny and evaluation of their performance in the other stages, Coach Landon has his list of 20 girls.

Looks like Haywood made it.

***

A/N: Not too sure if this chapter is too technical for most readers, but Logan really likes his sports :) Let me know how you feel?

And yay I'm super glad I'm finally getting some votes, haha, thanks!

Keep voting and commenting! ^^