Chapter 10

LOGAN'S POV

Ok, I really regret looking at the Excel sheet now. I CANNOT get over the fact Betts Haywood kissed Ty-ty, got rejected and is owning the floorball trials like nothing has happened.

I gotta see how she does in the other stations.

==

STATION 2 - AGGRESSION AND STRENGTH

"LADIES!" Scottie's voice booms through the loudhailer. "PLEASE TRY TO FIND SOMEONE OF SIMILAR STATURE AND PAIR UP!"

The girls scuttle around and begin grabbing a partner close to their own size.

Haywood ends up with Number 3, a girl who's one foot taller and looks at least 15 kg heavier than her.

I hope Scottie breaks them up and reallocates, or Haywood is gonna die in this trial.

"NOW THAT YOU HAVE YOUR PARTNERS"

Bloody Scottie.

"...LINK ARMS WITH THEM! YOU WILL USE ONLY YOUR THIGH AND SHOULDER TO PUSH AGAINST EACH OTHER. NO ELBOWING. THE FURTHER YOU PUSH YOUR PARTNER FROM THE CENTRE LINE, THE BETTER."

Ok, to be fair to Scottie, the others are paired up pretty evenly. Nothing much he can do. And... no one's as small as Haywood.

Godspeed Haywood.

"YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS. ON MY WHISTLE."

Damn she's really tiny. She's like... 1.50 m? God, am I sure I want to see this bloodbath?

BEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPP!

The girls lean in and push against each other. Legend Renn Lewis shoves her partner as far as Greenland is from the Equator in a span of 5 seconds. Damn the girl probably has rugby background or something. Some pairs are evenly matched, hardly moving from the centre line. A few are faring pretty well. I start taking down the winners of this round.

39, 14, 15, 2, 13, 17...

I finally turn my head to Haywood's pair.

...

You know when you take a walk in the park, there are times when you come across dogs fighting? Odds are the dogs are of different sizes, right? You probably would have noticed the small ones are incredibly aggressive and noisy with their high-pitched barking while the big ones...well, the big ones can get pretty aggressive too, but this fight i'm watching right now? It's between a savage bull terrier and a kindly golden retriever. And the bull terrier is absolutely MAULING the golden retriever.

I'm not even sure what I'm seeing in Haywood's eyes as she digs her feet into the ground and continues shoving her partner.

Is that... determination? No, no. It's anger. Oh shit, that's a lottttt of anger. She must be channeling allll that rage from Ty-ty's rejection.

BEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPP!

The whistle sounds to indicate the end of 30 seconds.

Number 3 looks super relieved as she releases Haywood. They are three metres away from the centre line, every cm painstakingly earned by Haywood ramming repeatedly into her opponent.

36

I type Haywood's number alongside the winners.

==

STATION 3 - SKILL

I'm not expecting much from this station. Most of the girls don't have background in holding sticks. Or maybe they do haha ;)