Chapter 11

HAYWOOD'S POV

I lost track of time.

Spent the longest time staring at the ceiling of the Choc Lodge. Staring, but not really seeing. I can't even remember what was on that ceiling, or what color it was. All I could feel was my head throbbing from too much crying, and yet as much as it hurt, the tears were uncontrollable. I even tried to lean my head off the edge of the bed so that the tears would back flow into my eyes. But they simply flowed down the temples of my head and into my hair. Pretty bad move as all the blood rushed to my head and made it much harder to breathe.

"You look ridiculous." Jae Hee had commented. "And frankly a little scary. A bit like the kind of ghost that appears in Korean horror movies. Now lie down properly." 

Why, why or why.

Why did I have to be so rash.

Why, why or why.

Why did it end in a crash.

I tried so hard over these years to open the door to his heart.

Ironically, the door to the Choc Lodge burst open at that instant.

"HAYWOOODDD???"

Tasha.

"ARE YOU OKAYYY? COME HERE YOU." I felt her envelope me in a tight embrace. I didn't respond. Just couldn't muster enough strength to reassure her and tell her I'm okay.

Probably because I really am not okay. And won't be for quite some time.

"I hate seeing you like this." Tasha's voice quivered.

Poor Tasha. But I just don't have enough capacity in my heart or bandwidth in my brain to care about her now.

"I have to return to the orientation group. Remember to bring her for the school activities fair soon. Some of the clubs are holding interviews and trials." Jae Hee instructed Tasha before leaving the Choc Lodge.

It hit me like a sledgehammer to the head.

I don't want to join band or CSC. In case Tyler joins either. I need something completely new. Anything. I'll join swimming and drown trying if I have to.

"Tasha? Let's go to the fair." I grabbed her and ran to the Great Hall.

==

I went for the floorball trials. It was Chad's idea. ("You'll be so cool Haywood! You'll have a stick longer than most guys!" To which Tim said, "What do you mean by MOST guys? Who's got a stick that's longer than 90cm? Who've you been hanging out with man?") He was so enthused about the idea he signed me up.

The trials were a little nerve wrecking considering I've not done much exercise other than chasing after the bus or chasing after cute dogs (or cute boys for that matter) my whole life. Got outstripped by some girl whose stride length is twice of mine during the sprints. But I wrecked some other girl during the pushing exercise so I got that going for me, which was nice. Retrospectively I feel quite bad for getting hyper competitive during that segment. I used her as an outlet to relieve all that pent up anger and sadness within me. And I did feel better.

I realise I forgot about Tyler when I stepped in the floorball court. I suppose I was just too busy chasing the ball and shoving everyone else out of the way.

Guess what?

I made it in.

New Haywood, here I come.