Chapter 27

HAYWOOD'S POV

I got woken up pretty unceremoniously by Ma - dragged out of the room by the ear to be precise - and had the most lovely dressing down at 6 in the morning.

"Mei? What is Tasha doing in your room?"

Oh dang, we fell asleep talking.

"Ow, ow, Ma, stop tugging. Ears don't regrow you know."

"You know what grows? Your insolence and disrespect! Do you know I almost clobbered Tasha over the head when I saw someone in bed with you? Thank heavens I recognized that lovely blonde hair of hers!" Ma catches her breath and waves the frying pan in her hand menacingly, "What did I tell you about having guests over? Two days in advance right? The house's a pig sty now! Also, I haven't made breakfast for her. What's Tasha going to think of us? You've made me into a terrible host. Now go wash up quickly so Tasha has enough time to use the bathroom too."

Ma rearranges the magazines on the table, which were already stacked immaculately, and practically ushers me into the bathroom with great impatience.

"Oh, Tasha, darling, you're awake!" I hear Mom's voice from behind the toilet door - gone is its scratchy metallic quality, replaced with a huge dollop of honey and peach syrup - "I'm so sorry you had to go hungry last night. Mei completely didn't inform me you were coming.  Sorry that you had to witness this horror show that's our house. Would you like some fried eggs and matcha avocado toast dear?"

Damn Ma, she's never called ME darling. And dayum, matcha avocado?? What kind of mother feeds her daughter's friends better than her daughter? Zzzz.

==

Tasha emerges from my house noticeably more swollen from the night before. I think it's my uniform - they're one size too small, making Tasha look extremely busty - why my knee-length dress hangs only till her mid thigh. Or maybe it's because she had four helpings of the feast Ma prepared just for her.

"You know what, I think I'm gonna sneak into your house more often," Tasha pets her belly with a lazy, satisfied smirk, "I love Mrs Haywood."

"Please DON'T. She's gonna screw me big time after I reach home tonight. Don't sabotage me any further please."

"Aw come on Hayhay, your mom's awesome. How are you even so thin when she cooks so well?"

"Somehow I was born as one who eats to live," I shrug, "eating is such a hassle."

"You monster!" Tasha breaths in horror and claps her hands to her mouth, "Anyway, are you staying over for IHG?"

"I'm sorry?"

What is Tasha talking about?

"Oh. My. God. Hayhay, you just diverted all the emails from the Student's Council right?" Tasha rolls her eyes at my blank look, "Check out this email from three weeks back!"

==

Dear freshmen,

We hope this email finds you well. The 30th Pinewood High Student's Council is pleased to inform you that the second Monday of next month marks the beginning of the highly anticipated 30th Inter-house Games (IHG)!

IHG is an annual event which provides a platform for students of various talents to be recognised. However, unlike previous years, IHG this year will be in the form of an intensive camp during which students stay on campus over 2 weeks and participate in IHG at night and will end off with a bang with Halloween Horror House night. While staying on campus is not compulsory, you are highly encouraged to use this opportunity to mingle with your peers.

Before you celebrate, do note that lessons during the day are NOT canceled and every pupil is expected to prioritize their school work. (Do note that good results are also recognized and contribute to house score!) Extra-curricular activities on the other hand, will be temporarily suspended till the end of the games.

Please refer to Annex A for the list of approved games/competitions and Annex B for the schedule of various games.

All students under 18 should get their parents/Guardian to sign the indemnity form (Annex C) before they are allowed to participate in IHG.

Do stay tuned to your email for more information!

Much love,
The 30th Student's Council

==

"Wow there's sooo much in my spam mailbox on this," I click through the various colorful emails and banners sent by Jae Hee and the 30th Student's Council I neglected over the past month, "I mean I had a vague idea IHG was gonna happen soon and I might have agreed to play a couple of games but I didn't know it was gonna be a 2-week long stay over!"

"Hay, you sure aren't up to date for someone who is so on the ball when it comes to work," Tasha says dryly, "Anyway, if you're staying over, wanna room together?"

"Who else would accept you for your snoring?" I reply cheekily.

"You're the best Hay!" Tasha envelops me in a tight hug.

==
A/N: YAYYY stay over in school! ^^