Chapter 22

HAYWOOD'S POV

Stan Kingsley has been treating his supposed competition very seriously. After our conversation on the mystery guy who bought me the roller, during which I revealed nothing about Longan, I swear the fella has gone into full chasing mode. I would say he really has a thing for me if I didn't know him so well.

"Do you skip Econs lectures, Princess Tiana?" Stan eyes me suspiciously, with his mouth full of Chinese food. Ma made too many dumplings from the night before and insisted I bring dumplings for lunch for the whole week. Longan, Chad and Tim have also been fortunate beneficiaries. "And damn did you cook this?"

"Never skipped a single Econs lecture, and nope, I'm merely a dumpling distributor, not a producer." It doesn't take a genius to see he's fallen in love with the dumplings. It's the exact same ruse Ma used to steal Dad's heart - she stole his stomach first.

"Then how come I don't ever see you in Econs though all classes share the same lecture?" Stan dips yet another dumpling into vinegar and carefully places ginger strands on the tasty morsel with his fingers. His chopsticks lie abandoned on the floor, the silly boy can't use them for nuts. "Come to think of it, I don't ever see you anywhere. You just appear and disappear, like Batwoman. A sexy one, I may add."

"Maybe you weren't really looking," This was true, I had been sitting right under his nose in my original form for the past few lectures and he hadn't recognised me, "Maybe you shouldn't be searching with your eyes."

Without warning, Stan sets the dumplings on the table, throws an arm around my waist and drags me before him. What is he up to again?

"Stop wiggling, Princess Tiana." He murmurs, dangerously close. With his free hand, he grabs my wrists firmly and locks them behind my back. His grip is so strong I can't break free.

Is it kinky if I say I enjoy getting manhandled?

Closing his eyes, he slides his hand up my waist, to my shoulder, up my neck, and finally places a warm palm on my cheek, tracing little circles across my cheekbones. The motion is so lazy and tantalising I almost close my eyes, but I'm busy admiring Stan's features - I never really allowed myself to for fear I'd get caught looking at him - heck, this is one opportunity I can't pass up. How often do you get to run your eyes along a guy like Stan Kingsley at such close proximity? It's a queer thing to say but I think I like Stan's nose best, out of all his facial features. There's something about that adorable little turned up nose of his that makes me want to squish it, and I pull a hand from his loosened grasp and do so. To my surprise, he gives a low, quiet growl.

Stan's forefinger finds its way behind my ear and traces along its contour slowly, while I play with the fleshy part of his nose. His finger continues all the way along my jaw line; he goes so slowly that my nerve endings shudder and come alive. I'm not sure I really want to do anything with a guy I know for less than 2 weeks.

"What...what are you doing Stan?" Damn, my voice wobbled.

"Committing you to memory my dear," Stan muses with intense concentration on his face, "so I won't need my eyes to find you."

I wanna leave but I'm just...caught up in this moment.

"I like a strong jaw, Princess, but not as much as I like your soft tiny lips," Stan whispers, lazily caressing my lips with his thumb before slipping it into my mouth, and instinctively I bite on his thumb and hold on to him for dear life.

This boy is trouble... Big, big trouble. I'm not eating out of his hand, I'm literally eating his hand.

"What small hands you have!" Stan exclaims quietly, intertwining the fingers on his other hand with mine, "And what slender fingers."

"All the better to feel you with." I murmur.

"Oh, what a naughty girl you are," Stan pinches my cheek then spins me into his embrace and wraps an arm around my shoulders from behind. I feel his warm breath on the nape of my neck and have a strong sudden urge to arc my back. "why don't you feel me up now?"

"I have no trouble recognising you during Econs lecture."  I come to my senses and escape Stan's warm chest. His eyes snap open in confusion from my sudden departure.

"Princess, you confuse me. You're hot and you're cold, you're yes then you're no," Stan sounds perplexed, "you're making me work really hard, aren't you?"

"Well. People just appreciate things more when they have to fight harder for it. Plus, don't act like you're so in love with me, you barely know me. And I really don't need to be another one of your conquests."

"Well. Here's a news flash for you, Princess Tiana: Like it or not, Imma make you mine."

***