Chapter 50

Raven

I couldn't understand why my little bird wanted to run away, how could she think she wasn't strong enough for us? I glared at Dr. Robert's hands on the wheel, if only I was driving we would be there by now, but my little bird was right we didn't want to take a chance of an accident then we would never get there on time. The drive took far to long with Robert's at the wheel but we eventually got there as he pulled up to drop us off he called out as we climbed from his car in a rush. "She won't be at the plane since it's not time yet, remember she's good at blending in. I'll wait out here for you, and good luck!" he called as we rushed inside. 

"I still say we check the plane first." North said as we ran to do that. "There's her bike, so she's here somewhere." I grunted as I nodded to the Harley. "Split up, we have to find her before she gets on that plane." Nathan called out as we fanned out in the growing crowd. I knew a good way to thin the crowd, but pulling my gun now would only lead to more chaos that my little bird could dissolve into. We would find her one way or another though, if I needed to flash my gun to do so then I would do just that, but for now I would search for her like the others.

                                                           Nathan

Do you have any idea how many people can look like the one person you're looking for? I don't know how many times in the last five minutes I saw someone who looked like Peanut but wasn't her, and we were running out of time to find her before she was gone, possibly forever if those dirt-bags found her first. The crowds numbers were only growing, making it harder to pick out one little Peanut in all the faces around us, she had to be here somewhere, but where was that somewhere? 

How hard was it to find one one bruised and battered little bird in all this craziness? Very hard, apparently, since not one of us had seen her yet. "Anything?" North asked as he jogged over, I shook my head at him sadly, I was almost out of breath from running all over this stupid airport trying to find my Peanut. "You?" I puffed out my question as I scanned the crowd. "Not a f***ing thing." North growled, hopefully one of the other two had better luck than us because time was running out fast.

                                                         Sang

I couldn't believe they were here. I had caught a glimpse of Nate and North scanning the crowd before I melted into it, disappearing like I was so good at. Why were they here right now? Hadn't I sedated them so this wouldn't happen in the first place? Well apparently I hadn't used enough of the stuff since they were here right now, but how had they known so fast that I was taking a plane? I bought a hoodie at a little shop and slid into the bathroom to put it on, pulling my hair up and hiding it away in the hood before I exited into the crowds again. 

I made myself inconspicuous as I sent a surveying glance around the room, I could see the Russian looking mighty grumpy as he met up with North and Nate but I didn't see any others. I started to walk away at a steady pace so as not to draw any attention to myself, stopping to look at random things to add to the ruse as I blended with the crowds. I knew I had to figure something out and fast, if they were here then they most likely knew what flight I was taking which would certainly make it harder for me to sneak on the plane, but certainly not impossible, I was me after-all. I was about to enter another store when someone ran into me, literally. I hit the ground with a grunt since the impact jarred my injuries and I forced myself not to make a scene by cussing out whoever had body slammed me. 

"I'm so sorry, I'm looking for someone, I didn't see you there." the familiar voice had me freezing for a moment before I dragged myself to me feet, keeping my face down with a grunt, Silas was here. I was in a hurry to get away from the Greek giant but I wasn't about to let it show as I shrugged and started to stalk away. "Wait you dropped something!" Silas called out I froze but with a sigh turned back around to pick up the bag of pretzels I'd accidentally dropped. I was so close to being safe and out of there if I could pick up the snack without any trouble I'd be fine, but in that moment a strand of my hair decided to come loose and slip out of my hood. 

I was quick to stuff it back into place, but I'd known I was in trouble by the intake of breath I heard at the action. "Aggele mou?" I didn't answer just slowly stuffed the snack into my pocket and turned as I started to walk away. I should have known it wouldn't be that easy as a large hand reached out and gently trapped my arm in his giant grip, I tensed as he pulled the hood back but I wouldn't meet his eyes. "Don't Silas, I can't go back." I whispered out, no use hiding now, doesn't mean I couldn't try to run. 

I slipped from his grip without looking back and dashed into a nearby group of travelers as I high tailed it for the closest possible escape route which I'd already scoped out earlier. I could have gotten away had my legs been longer, but they weren't and so the hot as fudge Greek caught me after a number of his giant steps. I was hoisted onto a pair of broad shoulders as I cursed him out in his mother tongue, kicking and hollering for him to put me down. "Silas put me down, I don't want to go back, I don't want anything to do with you b*st*rds!" I shouted the lie even as my heart clenched at the words, but the hurt in those gorgeous brown eyes hurt even more. 

I knew I was done for when the other three joined us, the only way I would get away now would be by causing them actual physical injury, and that wasn't something I was willing to do, I really had gone soft. They tried to calm me but I wasn't having any of it, couldn't they see I was trying to protect them in the best way possible? "You don't mean a d*mn thing to me, just let me go so I can get out of here!" I tried to squirm from Silas's grip only to be trapped into the arms of the Russian. 

"No, little bird." his voice was firm and unwavering and it only made me want to cry more. "Why? Why won't you just let me go, everyone's better off." I murmured out hiding my pain behind a growl, anger was better than tears right now. "Come on let's get back, everyone's waiting." Nate was the only one to speak after my words, and that was how I was carried out to Phil's (the traitor's) car. I had wanted to keep them safe but being forced to sit on North's lap for the ride back since there was no other seats I couldn't help but think a small part of me had wanted this, had wanted them to come even as I pushed them away.

 How awful and selfish did I have to be, to not leave to keep them safe? Pretty fudging bad since my first and most likely easiest attempt at escape had just been flushed down the drain. I had no idea where we were heading but by the sheer silence in the car I knew I was in for a wild ride. I wish they would have let me ride in the trunk, at least then I could have avoided the tense and awkward silence inside the car, wherever we were headed it was going to be a long ride.