Chapter 23

Sang

"So what did you think?" I quizzed the Russian on my right, nearly bouncing, okay totally bouncing in my seat. After almost 2 and a half hours of awesome Avenger's I was in good spirits, the dose of action with hot actor throw into the mix always brightened the mood. The big Russian brute grunted a nod to me, but I could see he had been enjoying the movie, even if he didn't admit it. My returned smile was cut short as a yawn escaped my lips, everything was catching up with me, and my body was telling me to sleep. "Tired?" Axel's said to my left, a small smile graced his stunning features as I nodded back a smile of my own. 

"Yeah, I'm going to go get ready for bed. Are you sure you guys want to spend the night?" I asked softly as I stood, stretching after sitting for so long. I didn't want them to leave but I didn't want them to feel obligated to stay either. "Yes we're f***ing sure Trouble, you ain't getting rid of us that easy." Gabriel scolded and I chuckled lightly back, my internal relief was monumental. "We'll head over to Nate's and Kota's to shower then be over right after." Brandon said as the guys stood around me. "Some of you could use any of my bathrooms, it would be quicker so you wouldn't have to wait to share the others so much." I stated matter-of-factly, no clue why I blurted that without a second thought, but to late too back out now. 

"I call one of Cupcake's bathrooms!" Luke said as he rushed upstairs to the guest bath as we stared after him, the boy was fast, I had to give him that. "Is it okay I use the shower down here, I want to make sure Lucian doesn't do anything stupid to your house." North huffed. "I don't see a problem with it." I shrugged, and honestly I didn't, I wasn't using that shower anyway. North nodded in thanks as he headed for the downstairs bathroom and the others shared a quick look before all but Mr. B. left to shower else-where. 

"Is it alright if I use your shower Ms. Sorenson?" Mr. Perfect questioned as he studied me, I forced myself not to squirm under his gaze. "Let me brush my teeth real quick and then the bathrooms all yours." I murmured back as we headed upstairs, I quickly finished my bathroom business and turned the room over to Mr. Blackbourne as he announced his thanks. I decided that since the guys were busy showering I would go get the living room ready, grabbing some pillows and blankets I headed downstairs with the dogs at my heals.

 I put the pillows and blankets on the couch as I with a little difficulty moved the coffee table off to the side, out of the way of the giant plush rug we would most likely be sleeping on soon. Luke came downstairs in fresh clothes with wet hair and joined me in laying out the pillows and blankets for everyone, North and Mr. B. joined us as we were finishing up. I was starting to drift off a bit when the others finally got back, I wanted to acknowledge them but I was suddenly having a hard time keeping my eyes open. The last thing I heard were soft murmurs around me as I let my eyes close and my body give into the rest it so very much needed. 

                                                   Owen

The little bird had finally crashed. I could tell she had been exhausted but she fought to stay awake until everyone came back safe, she truly was an amazing site. The way she was curled up, her head lolling slightly to the side, she looked peaceful for the first time since I'd met her. I looked to my brothers to see they had taken notice of this fact as well, we were in way over our heads with this little bird. I had seen enough during the game of Twister to know well enough that not one of us could deny her beauty. I hated to admit that I had enjoyed the show and even was somewhat jealous of North in the end, not that I would say so out loud of course.