Chapter 14

Sang

I woke up early the next morning as usual, after another night of restless sleep and hidden nightmares I was exhausted. I had spent the rest of yesterday playing and snuggling with my pups, watching some Netflix, Supergirl is amazing and of course figuring out my new phone which was awesome. I had beat the high score on doodle jump with over 10,000 points, that's right I'm awesome. I had also gone to the liberty of searching my laptop for the one place I needed to brush up on my shooting skills. That's right I had looked up a shooting range and I planned to go to it today, since apparently I had been given the day off from work, I still didn't have an actual schedule yet, but Uncle who had I guess been given my number called and said I had the day off. 

I took the dogs on our morning run to the dog park and finished reading the hunger games, again. I was a little surprised that I actually missed not seeing Kota here, but he was too busy to come I guess, he and Nathan hadn't been home either, I wonder where they are? I didn't think much of it as I jogged back home, taking care of my boys, remembering to drink some water and have a bath to clean up before I made myself some breakfast. I just settled for a quick omelette instead of wasting time making a big meal, I wanted to do other things today. 

I grabbed my new phone to see that Gabe had texted me a list of sample colors of paint and told me to pick, I quickly responded which ones I liked best before he agreed he liked them too. I turned the phone on silent and put it in my jeans pocket as I quickly washed my dishes and slipped on my leather jacket and boots, Harper had turned back up sometime last night or early this morning with the keys in my mailbox, so I would be riding her, but before I headed out I needed to grab one more thing first.

 I headed upstairs and straight to the side of my bed as I pulled out a small box from under my pillowcase, it was here that I stashed my other choice weapons. Inside was my Beretta Px4 Storm semi-automatic I had dubbed Lightning and also my Browning Hi-Power semi-automatic that I christened Stone, along with their respective ammo, I was just glad Gabe hadn't thought to snoop under my pillow. I quickly stuffed the box into my jacket, zipping it up so it would stay in place as I headed out, saying goodbye to my pups for now.

 I had the address and my route to the firing range memorized and mapped out in my head as I zipped through the traffic with ease, the trip there took about 45 minutes without full on blazing my speed. I pulled in beside a big black SUV that reminded me of the one that had tried to kill me and Harper, snorting to myself at the memory now. I was on alert with the new surroundings and the fact that my four legged bodyguards were back home, but I needed to freshen up my skills before I got a little too rusty, that was good for no one. I was a little surprised but pleased that there were not many people here, a few of what appeared to be retired police officers, a small group of guys and myself.

 I quickly passed over the retired officers and focused in on the group of guys to the one side, three of them looked extremely familiar. They became even more familiar when I identified that two of the four were blond haired twins, well that explains the SUV being familiar but who was the new fourth guy, and where was the tattooed Russian? "Привет еще раз маленькая птичка." (Hello again little bird.) the deep voice worded in undoubtable Russian, well that answers one question at least. "Hello to you too Raven." I nodded to him solemnly, I had almost forgotten how hot he was with the company I had been keeping lately, almost.