Chapter 64

Sang

"Pookie are you going to get up it's 8:30 in the morning and those precious pups of yours look hungry." Sean said I could hear the amusement in his voice and he laughed lightly as I threw a pillow at him. "Don't you have work or something to do that allows me the chance to go back to sleep?" I grumbled into the bed that I had shared with him and a now absent Owen last night. 

"I'm working the late shift at the hospital tonight and besides you have your last, two first dates today, you could attempt to be excited you know." he called playfully. "Yay..." I groaned unenthusiastically back as he chuckled on, sure I was eager to go on the dates but also very tired. "Pookie if you don't get up soon I'm going to be forced to make you breakfast in bed." Sean sung out, I was immediately awake at the thought. I knew Sean was not allowed in the kitchen without supervision for a reason, so breakfast in bed was a true threat. 

"I'm up, I'm up." I puffed as I scrambled from the bed before heading downstairs to see that Owen had already put out some fruit and eggs for the three of us and sent Sean a glare. "So I told a little lie, at least you're up now." he hummed out unapologetic, I sighed as I shook my head at him and settled in to drink my coffee and eat my meal in peace. When I finished I headed up to take a shower only to find a note that clearly stated I was to get dressed into the bag of clothes under the sink and pull my hair back to keep it out of the way, without the shower for now.

 I shrugged at the note but did as it said, getting changed into a over-sized faded orange t-shirt and jeans before pulling out a pair of paint splattered overalls and slipping them on with a grin. I quickly put on some tennis shoes and pulled my hair back out of the way as I wondered what it was that Gabe had planned for this date. I was certain that this outfit was for our date, there was even a strong possibility that I was wearing one of his old shirts since it was worn and as far as I could tell the others rarely if ever wore the color orange.

 When I was done in the bathroom I slowly and silently  made my way back down to the living room to see Gabe was sitting alone with his back to me, an opportunity far to good to pass up. I snuck closer as I noticed he was busy texting before holding my breath as I leaned in close to his ear. "Good Morning Meanie." I whispered into his ear before bursting out laughing as he shot from his seat, cursing in surprise as he scowled back at me.

 "WHAT'S THE F***ING IDEA TROUBLE, ARE YOU TRYING TO F***ING KILL ME!!!!" he howled out as I fought to rein in my laughter. "Nope just wanted to have a little fun is all." I hummed out with a chuckle as he grumbled something under his breath. "Well at least you're f***ing ready now let's go." He stated as he grabbed my hand and pulled me along out to my Jeep, I raised a brow in question as to why he had Beauty. "We needed a f***ing ride didn't we?" he raised back, point taken.

 "Fine but if she's damaged in any way you will suffer my wrath." I affirmed as I climbed into the passenger seat, sending silent  apologies that I could not drive her for now. I easily teased and bantered with Gabe on the ride as we listened to the radio, I was surprisingly happy when we pulled up to the Academy HQ. The last time I had been here I had confirmed with Phil that I wanted to join as a Ghost bird and I was still waiting to receive the qualifications from him.  

"Come on Trouble, no time to f***ing waste." Gabe urged as we headed inside and towards a wing of the building I recognized. "Isn't this where the kids are?" I quizzed Sean had mentioned they were adding rooms down here since more and more kids were involved and they needed the space. "They have a room built it just needs some... artists work." Gabe murmured out I caught where he bit back a curse as we passed a few kids in the hall, I sent a smile their way before Gabe led us into a nearby room.