Chapter 44

Luke

After Cupcake left with her wolf-dog we all settled in with Dr. Roberts to tell him about the stuff we'd learned about this Devin Knocks guy. Well the rest of the guys did most of the talking but I chimed in every now and then, hard to talk when you're stuffing your mouth with hidden M&M's. Oh, sweet chocolate how I love thee. Axel and Mr. B. were doing the most talking with Roberts out of all of us, they were the team leaders and all. "So you finally got her to talk then." Roberts stated out of no where, which sent us into silence. 

"Wait, you knew about all this already?" Marc's question broke the silence in the room. "I knew some of it, I had to in order to treat her injuries. I knew that there was a man in her life, a violent one, and I knew that he might of had ties to the Russian mafia but nothing was definite. I would have looked into it more if Sang hadn't asked me not to, if I gone against her wish I would have lost her trust and possibly her if she found out, which she would have, knowing her. " Roberts answered with the shake of his head, yeah Cupcake would have figured it out, she's good at that sort of thing. 

"Did you know he was mystery guy Devin the Devil?" Brandon questioned. "No I never saw him, just what he and his 'friends' did to the poor girl, I came very close to dropping the professionalism on many occasions. I did have some suspicions however that when Sang showed up her past might follow so I set two of you up in the same community to keep an eye out. My worries seemed to be confirmed when the file landed on my desk about watch list persons showing up on a plane out of New York, so I put all of you on the case immediately." Roberts stated, so the old guy had been holding out on us, not cool. 

I was munching on a mouthful of the last of my candy while the guys were arguing about not having all the information, confirmed or not, when suddenly a sharp shock came from my jeans pocket. I wasn't the only one either, every one of my brothers and the Toma team members jolted barely in surprise before reaching for our phones in a rush, we had been red-lined and the only one on the app not with us was Cupcake. "F***! TROUBLE"S IN TROUBLE!" Gabe shouted as the room burst out in shouts in curses, we had left her and now she could be dying in a ditch somewhere. Forget chocolate I need to save my Cupcake!

                                                      North

The red line had been extremely unexpected, and I wasn't the only one cursing the fact we had let Sang Baby go alone, mutt or no mutt. "Well what are we waiting for!? Don't worry Cupcake we're coming!!!!" Luke shouted as he dashed for the door flinging it open, only to stop at what or should I say who was blocking the doorway. "Nuka!?" Luke gaped, really we all were surprised to see the mutt here and not with Sang. The wolf-dog whined and spun in a circle, at least he wasn't growling like he wanted to attack anyone just yet. 

"Oooo I feel like I'm in a remake of Lassie, What happened did Cupcake fall in a well?" Luke's eagerness and utterly ridiculousness had me giving him a quick cuff to the back of the head as he glared back, stupid brother. "Luke you f***er, there's no wells around here!" Gabe shouted. "Oh, yeah." Luke murmured, nodding to himself. Why did I get stuck with the childish older brother? The mutt whined again, spinning in circles before dashing forward and grabbing Luke's pant leg in his teeth. "Help he's trying to eat me!" Luke yelped. 

"No he's trying to get you to follow him. Come on Nuka, show us where Sang went." Dr. Roberts said softly and the mutt dropped Luke's jeans and dashed out of the room with a whine, we followed hot on his heels. "She's got her GPS on and the app says she's moving away pretty fast." Victor said as we jogged downstairs after the mutt. "How fast?" Sean questioned. "Vehicle fast." Corey answered, not good. When we finally got outside Nuka ran over to a shady spot and sat down, whining like crazy as we slowly approached. 

"Well, where is she?" Kota asked with a frown as we scanned the area. "Um, guys, is that what I think it is?" Nathan said lowly as we all looked to him in question. "What is it Nate?" Silas questioned, Nathan pointed to a spot on the cement and I felt sick at the sight. "Blood." Raven grunted with a nod. I could see the spot clear enough the red spot was still wet, fresh, meaning we just missed them. Someone had hurt Sang Baby, taken her and we hadn't been there to help, but when I found them, that someone was going to pay, dearly.

                                                         Axel

Nothing was like it should have been, Sang should be safe with us, but she wasn't, someone had harmed her and kidnapped her and we had to find out who. I was barely holding myself together and Owen wasn't much better he ran his fingers through his hair a few times in frustration. "what do we do now?" Corey looked so dejected and worried and I didn't have an answer that would immediately solve the problem. 

"We check the security cameras and see what we can see." Dr. Roberts stated firmly, it was certainly a good start, better than anything I could think of right now. I could hardly think of anything other than Sang bleeding in a vehicle somewhere like the first time she had in my SUV. So as Roberts called a team out to investigate the scene my team and the Blackbourne team headed inside to the security cam room, Vic and Corey got to work as soon as they sat down. 

"I'll pull up the front entrance for before the time of the red line, then go from there." Victor said, typing away as we all watched on anxiously. Then suddenly the screen that had been displaying the front of the building showed Sang standing under the shade and playing on her phone before the screen went blank. "What happened, where did the image go?" I questioned as Victor and Corey frowned at the monitors. "That is the image, the camera went blank for..." Corey trailed off as he typed some keys fast forwarding the blank screen until the picture popped up again. "three minutes and twenty six seconds." he finished as I took in the video of a fast retreating, familiar white van. 

"Hey isn't that the same van from the shooting range, the one those guys got away in after attacking Sang?" Brandon asked I nodded in confirmation and a new round of curses rang out in the room. "Mr. Henshaw, Mr. Morgan, are you sure this is the only footage we have?" Owen's question was tense with his un-displayed emotions. "It's everything, for some reason the film stopped recording for 3 minutes and 26 seconds. Hang on, let me check something." Victor mumbled as he typed away at the keys, a line of code popped up, scanning faster than anyone of us could read. 

Then suddenly the screen froze and started dinging as we tried to understand the cause, turning to the computer geniuses for help. "I ran a scan for the symbol that Princess showed me about that hacker she knew called Stitch, and there's our answer as to why the film cut." Vic said as he pointed at the screen, the small stitch symbol was lit up and sent a feel of dread down my spine. "Can you maybe get the footage back?" Luke asked hopefully as Vic and Corey shook their heads sadly on a sigh.

 "Then you're saying that Sang's been kidnapped and possibly injured and the only info we have is the knowledge she was there then she wasn't, with a white van pulling away, that has no traceable plates?" I questioned curtly. "Exactly, and her GPS just cut off." Victor answered as we all shared a look, so we were blind to her location. This just got a whole lot harder than any of us had prepared for.