Chapter 9

Sang

WARNING the italic stuff gets a bit intense it's a nightmare for a reason.

• ~Sang's nightmare--- "Little song bird, where are you?" The voice calls from the darkness, I have to stay hidden, I can't let him find me. Slow your breathing like he taught you, don't panic. "You can't hide from me song bird, show yourself!" The growl has me cowering behind this dumpster, please let this dark alley keep me hidden. I can hear his steps closing in, my entire body is shaking. I leave Slou in her place she won't be able to help me against this monster, but what rests in the waistband of my jeans might, if I'm patient.

"Hello, my little song bird." The voice croons as I find myself whimpering softly, he found me. I feel the pain as he strikes again and again, let my body go limp as the monster drags me to his lair, 'keep your breathing calm Sang it's the only chance you'll have'. I can hear him order the others out, he doesn't want an audience for once, I can use that in my favor. "Wake up song bird, I want you to feel every second of this." His hissed command has me trembling. I open my eyes to stare at the beast that has caused so much pain, I will not be weak anymore. 

"Why?" I choked out, I needed a reason. "Why what little song bird?" He murmured, running his hands in my hair. "Why did you kill them?" I had to know, I needed to never forget them. "Those b*****ds were taking too much of an interest in what belongs to me, they needed to die." He growled, yanking my hair painfully, I would not cry out, not anymore. "I will never belong to you." I spoke soft but sure, feeling the weight of what lay at my waist, waiting patiently. He struck again as I felt the blood warm and wet wash over my skin, I would feel nothing from him anymore. 

"You filthy w***e, you will see how much you belong to me!" The monster screeched. I watched as he stripped his clothes, fear settled in then, I knew I had no other choice now, the weight grew heavier. "You are mine!" The monster growled as he grabbed for me, 'you only get one chance, one shot Sang, take it, do not hesitate.' I didn't hesitate this time as I freed my trump card, the gun seemed unreal almost as I pointed it at the man who I swore would never hurt me again. 'Point and shoot Sang, if he gets his hands on you, you don't have a chance.' I would remember those words, remember the men who had saved me and died for their efforts. 

I took aim and pulled the trigger, the gunshot echoed as he went down, not dead. I had to escape, there was no time to lose I ran, the shouts behind would not slow me. Shots rang out and pain shattered my world, I kept running, if I stopped they would kill me. The monsters last words rang out after me, a dreadful promise. "Little song bird you can run all you want but you can't hide forever. I will look for you and when I find you, everything and everyone you love dies!"• ~

   I woke with a gasp, the nightmarish memories were always far too real, a whine came from my feet, Nuka watching me with concern. "I'm alright bud, just another bad dream." I sighed as I scratched his ears in comfort, I don't know who it relaxed more, me or the wolf-dog. Looking at the time I sighed, 4:30 in the morning might as well get up, no way I was sleeping after that. "Come on guys, let's go rustle up some breakfast." I mumbled, rubbing the sleep from my eyes and sliding from the bed, Nuka grumbled but followed and Duke and Billy jumped at the sound of food. 

Putting on a pot of coffee I got the dogs some food as I puzzled over my own breakfast options. I decided on a sausage egg omelette, and my own personal recipe of chocolate strawberry cupcakes. I mixed the batter for the cupcakes, it resulted in me making a couple dozen of the delicious delights. While they were in the oven I quickly made my omelette, the dogs gathered around to watch, I might have slipped them some sausage once or twice, but I can't help spoiling my pups. I was just finishing my main dish as the cupcakes timer went off, pulling them from the oven, I couldn't help but groan at the delicious smell.