| Million Dollar Baby |

Start from the beginning

As we begin walking out of the meeting room I grab my book and read as we make our way to the elevator. I need to make sure I know everything for this next exam. It's my final and this grade will determine whether or not I graduate. It's crazy serious.

My dad let me be and smiled slightly as we rode the elevator in silence. He respected my work as I respected his. Being focused and determined was everything. It helps get the job done. The elevator dings and we walk side by side out of the elevator into the crowded main level of Wayne Enterprises.  My heels clicked in an un-rhythmic fashion as I stumbled and stopped around people to get to the exit. A voice caught my attention through the chatter though, as they shouted my name repeatedly.

"Veronica! Miss.Wayne, Miss—Veronica!" I stopped and looked up to see a man in a police uniform jogging my way. I closed my book and smiled, putting it in my purse while focusing my attention on him. He stops in front of me with a smile that reaches his eyes.

"Hi, Miss.Wayne. I'm Officer Blake. How are you?"

"I'm fine officer, and you can call me Veronica—no need for formalities. What's up?" I ask casually, continuing to walk towards the exit with him by my side. He cracks a smile at my cool reply and continues.

"I was told to come here and relay you a message from Gordon. He would like for you to come to the station. He needs your help with something important."

"Sure, is everything okay?" I ask seriously and he nods solemnly.

"For now, I think. Please, he was adamant that you come as soon as possible. Something about the bank robbery that happened this morning."

I stop my pace suddenly and nod, turning to walk towards my dad who was having a conversation with one of his stock brokers. When I near close, I can clearly hear his current buzzing conversation which gets turned towards me.

"...and your daughter, the beautiful Veronica. She is growing to be a perfect suitor for the company." He says nicely and I smile while thanking him kindly.

"I'm so sorry to interrupt but I have to go to the GCPD. I'll explain later—" I say and kiss my dad's cheek, then I begin to walk with Officer Blake once again.

"—what about dinner?" He bellows after me and I give him a smile over my shoulder while reassuring him.

"I wouldn't miss it! I'll meet you there."

*

The consistent ringing of phones and continuous shouting invaded my senses as I walked through the front doors of the GCPD. I smiled politely at the officers who greeted me as I followed Officer Blake to Gordon's office. He knocked on the door and turned to me with a smile.

"Come in!" Gordon shouted from the other side of the door. I looked to Blake and gave a slight nod.

"Thanks for finding me." I whispered and slipped into the room, pulling the door closed behind me.

"Veronica, it's lovely to see you. How's everything?"

"Likewise, Commissioner. Everything is alright, I can't complain."

"Have you been watching the news?" He asks seriously then and grabs the newspaper folded on his messy desk.

I shake my head as an answer.

"I haven't seen or read up on anything since yesterday."

"Well I'm glad you didn't, we have a new psycho on the streets."

He hands me the thick Gotham Times newspaper where I read the headline. My eyes widened at the print—big bolded words that read:

"GOTHAM'S NEW FORM OF CHAOS?"

Then there was a picture of a man. Tall and broad shouldered with green hair and what seemed to be clown makeup. He looked wicked in all his glory. I skimmed down to the print under the header and read it aloud:

"Gotham City's bank robbed and blown to dust this morning by unknown suspect..."

I lower the paper back onto the desk and shake my head.

"Do you have anything else on this guy?"

"We do and that's where I need you to come in. You're top of your class at GCU and we need some fresh ideas and thinking in here."

"Okay, so what do you need me to do?"

"I want you to find whatever you can on this guy and dig deep. If you could potentially find out what his motives are, that would help us even more."

"I'm...with all due respect Gordon, I'm just a student. Sure, I've done internships and I'm going to graduate in a few weeks but I'm still so not on that level yet. I'm sure your detectives can handle this just fine." I say nervously and Gordon sighs.

"I know this is a big proposition but I know you can do it. Please, we need someone as an outsider looking in. We need all the help we can get."

I swallow and sigh.

"Alright. I'll help out but, on one condition."

"Shoot."

"I would like to be able to communicate with Batman when needed. He needs to know everything we find in order to help us in any way he can."

Gordon looks conflicted but sighs.

"Alright, kid. We've got a deal."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

HI!

Hope this chapter wasn't trash. There is going to be a pile of info I have to throw on you guys before some action can happen...please bare with me. I hope you enjoyed this little bit and continue reading on 🙂

Love you all!

-A ❤️