Stabbed

I didn't want to go to class today. But I ain't go to college to stay in bed. I don't care if I got bruises on every inch of my body. Imma go out on campus and show everybody Renee Washington ain't no bitch!

     I checked my phone. A message from Chanel, Mart and Kyla. I replied in that order.

Her: Good morning baby. Sleep in today. You need your rest. Have a great day.
Me: Good morning princess. I'm going to my classes. Too early in the year to miss them.
Her: Ugh Ren. So stubborn! Okay. Be safe and pack your bag, you staying with me tonight, Angela sneaking Greg over.
Me: Okay beautiful, see you soon.

     Martell asked me to send him my schedule. He said he would tell people to look after me for a few days. He a real friend man. Next was Kyla.

Her: 😂 pathetic.
Me: How? You got me jumped. Fuck all of y'all. Leave me alone.
Her: Aw. Don't be like that Daddy ☹️.

     I didn't reply. I put on a white tee with some basketball shorts and slides. Grabbed my bag, packed some breakfast and made my way to class. Everybody gave me strange looks. Anxiety. I looked at myself to see what they were looking at. Blood was leaking through my shirt. I lifted it up. I got cut! When?! I didn't feel it! I just took my backpack and cover it.

     In class I tried my hardest to take notes, but my arm was hurting so bad. I asked one of the few white boys here if I could take a picture of his when we were done. He looked scared but said yea. I put my headphones in and chilled for the rest of class.

     I only have two classes today, so that's good. I get to get back to the spot soon. I'm so tired. I get to my next class early. I sit and pull out my yogurt and water. I tried to eat but I had no appetite. The professor came in. It was the one I talked to on my first day. William Bash. He stared at me for awhile, examining my state. He walked over to me and said, "You can go back to your dorm Ms. Washington. I'll email you the notes for today." I didn't want any hand outs. And I wanted to make a better impression. I shook my head, "Thank you, but no thank you sir, I'll be fine." He nodded and sat back down. Class finally started.

     Man that shit was so boring. I shoulda took him up on his offer! Finally I was done for the day. I went back to my dorm to pack. Tomorrow was Saturday. Nel and I both don't have Saturday classes, so I wonder what we'll do. I'll probably take her out. She's so good to me. I packed a gray button down, khakis and some sperrys to take to her place. I take a nap and wait for her to call me.

     My phone rang at like 03:00pm. It was Chanel. She told me she would be there in a minute.

     She knocked and I let her in. I gave her a kiss. "Come on baby. I'll take you to my dorm and then I'll go get us something to eat." I nodded.