Chapter 14 [Final Chapter]

Throughout the week after Camila's breakdown while Lauren was over, her hand had luckily healed relatively quickly. When she had gone with her mother to get it checked out at the doctors, nothing was actually broken; it was just badly bruised and would heal if given the time.

After the 'incidents' that occurred when Lauren stayed over; the two would share sneaky kisses here and there, but never actually in front of anyone. Despite wanting to take it slow and not actually putting any labels on the relationship they had because of the lack of time they'd known each other, they couldn't seem to resist having their occasional moments of affection.

Somewhere during that week, Dinah had brought a new friend over to sit with them at the table; a girl named Normani who she had dance class with. They apparently had no idea they went to the same school and Dinah invited her to sit with the girls when they did find out. She seemed like a really cool person and brought a lot of conversation and laughter to their cafeteria table.

However, during lunch times, it was almost as if Dinah knew something and was suspicious whenever she carried on like porkchop; whispering to Ally and Normani about random things while giving Lauren and Camila strange stares and always bringing up 'camren'.

It wasn't until one day when Camila was being unbearably cute and Lauren couldn't help herself that they found out why.

Dinah, Ally and Normani were caught up in their own conversation. While Camila was paying attention to them, Lauren couldn't take her eyes off of the smaller girl. She scooted closer, moving to grab her hand under the table, but Camila only pulled back.

'Camz...' The taller girl almost begged, leaning in closer to her face.

'Lauren not now.' She scolded, pulling back slightly and watching to see if the others had noticed.

'They're not looking right now and you're just too cute for me to resist.' Lauren wiggled her eyebrows, sticking out her tongue and edging a little closer.

'Yeah, well, the feeling is mutual but DJ would flip shit.' Camila whispered hesitantly, turning her face away when the others still hadn't been worried about anything outside of their deep conversation on the other side of the table.

'I don't care.'

'I do.' Camila pouted, and that was it for Lauren.

'Let me kiss you.' The green eyed girl whispered, leaning in to close the gap between their faces and despite protesting, Camila turned her face so they could kiss.

But just as they did, a loud gasp sounded from across the table.

Her head snapping to the side, Lauren saw Dinah with her mouth wide open, jaw basically on the floor. She turned back to see Camila with a giant blush spreading across her cheeks, and then she turned again to see Ally and Normani unenthusiastically handing money over to Dinah.

They'd made fucking bets.

'Fuck yeah.' Dinah whispered out, shuffling around in her bag and ripping out her sailor's cap once more.

'Dinah no, please don't.' Camila protested, bringing her hands together to beg for the polynesian girl to stop.

'CAMREN!!!' She shouted out, pulling on the hat and dabbing. Camila only hid her face in her hands and Lauren couldn't help but laugh at everything going on. 'THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKING, THE SHIP HAS SET SAIL! I REPEAT; ANCHORS UP ASSHOLES!'

'Fucking please just stop.' The smaller girl didn't look up and eventually stopped protesting altogether. While this was happening, Lauren hadn't stopped laughing. She wouldn't have been embarrassed if she wasn't so happy watching the interaction.

Despite them being a group of fuckwits, they were her group of fuckwits. She was lucky to have them and was so grateful for such a great group of friends after moving to this school.

In that moment, there wasn't much else she could wish for.

Except maybe for Dinah to shut up...