Get Well Soon

The hunters had just left. Leaving me to watch over everyone else.

"Hey you two, why don't you start a small fire that way we have something to cook the meat when they get back." I pulled two boys away from their friend group. They gave a nod and got to work.

I got a container and filled it up with water to bring into the drop ship.

"Whatever this stuff is, it has antibiotic purposes." Clarke spoke as I neared her.

I looked over her shoulder at the red blob in her hand.

"Seaweed, no root structure." I told them as I continued walking. I could feel their eyes on me. I turned around and walked backwards, "I read a few books on the Ark, I had a lot of free time on my hands." During my last few weeks on the ark, Jaha had been bringing me random books about Earth. I guess now I know why he done that, so I wouldnt be completely oblivious on the ground. Maybe he did have a soft spot for people.

I got to the second floor of the dropship and saw Monty and Octavia still taking care of Jasper.

"Here," I handed the water to Octavia first. She took a drink and handed it to Monty who took a gulp of it. He handed it to me, but I shook my head motioning to Jasper. He poured a little water into his mouth slowly.

Just as I was about to leave to refill the container, there was a commotion downstairs. I hurried to the first floor and saw a bunch of kids coughing.

"What's going on?" I asked, standing next to Monty.

"Air got thick, everyone's skin started burning." A kid rushed into the ship.

"My brothers still out there." Octavia looked worried.

"So is mine." I joined in her worry, "They will be fine. They know what they are doing. We will all be fine."

It looked like everyone was in the drop ship, at least I thought they were. Then there was a person coughing outside. I held my breath and opened the curtain. Gwen was about halfway to the ship. The air burned at my uncovered face. It looked like a giant yellow fog. I forced everyone away from the door as I watched Gwen struggle. She wouldn't make it if someone didn't help.

"Don't do it." Monty grabbed my arm, knowing what I was thinking.

"You know I can't do that." I pulled my arm away and ran.

I grabbed ahold of Gwen's arm and started pulling her as fast as I could. The fog started to thicken, blocking out some of our vision. I pushed her inside and collapsed next to her.

"Close the door!" I told nobody in particular.

"Are you okay?" Octavia leaned down next to me.

"Make sure she is okay." I pushed myself off of the ground. She reluctantly agreed and went to gwen. She had a few blisters on her body, but she looked like she would be fine. Luckily for me, most of my body was covered. Except for my face. My left cheek had a few blisters and was a little red, according to Monty.

"Is everyone okay? Anyone hurt?" I asked the group. Everyone that was left at camp was in the drop ship.

They all mumbled in response.

"What are you doing back at camp?" I leaned down next to gwen who was hunched up against the wall, "I thought you were out hunting."

"I got separated. I ran back here when I saw the fog." She replied.

"Someone give me some water." I instructed. A few minutes later a girl handed me a container which I passed to Gwen.

"You need to drink too." She told me.