Silence

"Why did you do it?" Namjoon whispered as he sat beside Jimin's bed, tears blurring his vision. "Why would you do something like that?"

Jin was already sobbing, the pale arms of Yoongi wrapped around him in comfort, although he himself was on the brink of tears. It was painful, so, so painful to hear the gurgling breaths of his junior.

"I'm sorry" the doctor said softly. "There's nothing else we can do for him"

This only made Jin cry harder and Namjoon finally let the tears spill. Jimin had continued being in coma for two weeks...without even a single twitch to signalize that he was back to reality.

The news, however, hadn't reached Taehyung as the latter found himself isolating himself whenever he heard Jimin's name.

That day, however, was different.

"Hyung, I beg you" Jungkook sobbed behind Taehyungs locked door. "Please, come and see Jimin..."

"Leave me alone, Kookie..." Taehyung said, voice muffled as he buried himself within Jimins blankets. "I need some time-"

"Hyung..." Jungkook choked. "Jimin-hyung...he doesn't have much time either. I'm begging you, please, come and see him  before-"

Jungkook broke off, backing away from the door as tears flowed from his eyes, wetting his lashes. It hurt so much, as Jungkook felt the sadness of his hyungs as much as they did. He fell backwards onto the floor, hands over his face.

The door opened with a creak.

"Before what?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook looked at him sadly. "Before he leaves us, hyung. He doesn't have much time left"

Taehyung's eyes widened and he stepped out of his room.  "What do you mean?"

Jungkook shook his head, fingers entangled in his hair. Transparent tears rolled down his cheeks, dampening his pants with small dark spots.

"He...the doctor said that he doesn't have much time before he leaves. "Hyung...he kept on asking us if you were coming, and you never came! Now, he might die without seeing you-"

Taehyung gripped his hair in his hands. "No...no...I have to go!"

Taehyung tore out the door and ran full speed to the hospital, not even thinking about transportation or the fact that he looked bedridden. He ran as fast as he could to see his best friend. Jungkook was chasing him, his muscular legs enabling him to catch up in no time.

Meanwhile...

Namjoon was reading quietly beside Jimin, Jin's head on his shoulder as the elder had fallen asleep. Yoongi and Hoseok were already fast asleep, their heads buried in the mattress of Jimin's bed. One of Yoongi's hands held Jimin's, as if to ensure that Jimin was still warm and alive.

Then, Jimin's breathing hitched and his head tilted back slightly, although his eyes were still sealed shut. Namjoon looked up from his book at the sound and grasped on of Jimin's hands tightly in his own.

The heart monitor stuttered.

"Jiminie? Park Jimin!!!" Namjoon said frantically, waking the others. His eyes were wide with panic as Jimin's breathing grew more heavy and his wheezing became louder.

"Stay with us!!!" Yoongi begged, his fingers intertwined with Jimin's. "Come on, Taehyung hasn't come yet! You can't leave us with out seeing him!"

"That way!" Jungkook pointed to right as they ran along the corridors of the hospital. "Come on!"

Taehyung gritted his teeth. His heart felt heavy in his chest as he felt fear settle in the pit of hsi stomach. "Don't go just yet!"

"His oxygen levels are dropping rapidly!" The doctor said tensely. 

The other members of Bangtan stood near, clutching each other in fear. Suddenly, the door burst open and Taehyung ran in, panting heavily. Was he too late?

"Move!" he yelled and gripped the railing of Jimin's bed, looking down at his friend. "Jiminie...I'm here! I'm here so you can open your eyes now."

Silence...

Taehyung let out a sob. "Please...please don't leave just yet. Jimin!Jiminie!Park Jimin!"

Hie cries filled the room and the members of Bangtan sobbed with him.

Then, miraculously, Jimin's eyes opened.

"Taehyungie..." Jimin whispered, his voice sounding so, so weak. "You came..."

Taehyung let out a sigh of relief, brushing Jimin's cheek.

"I'm so, so sorry, Jiminie!" he cried. "I...I was so caught up in my own emotions that I forgot yours. I...I...I'm not worthy to be called your best friend-"

"TaeTae" Jimin interrupted, a smile breaking on his face. "It's okay...you'll always be my best friend...right?"

Taehyung nodded. Suddenly, Jimin's eyes fluttered and he gave a sharp gasp. His back arched slightly from the bed.

"Jimin?Jimin!!!" Taehyung held onto Jimin as his eyes started to roll to their whites, his breathing becoming more heavy as the heart monitor raced in time with his rapid heartbeat. "Jiminie! Please don't leave-"

Taehyung stopped, catching his words. Who was he to deny reality? To try and make Jimin suffer just so he could be happy? Why was he trying to repeat his mistakes?

"Jimin...you can go now" Taehyung said softly, smiling. "You can let go"

The other members crowded around Jimin's bed as the dying boy tried to breath in painful gasps. Jin sat on Jimin's bed and gently pulled the younger into his arms, leaning his the latters head on his chest.

"You can let go, Jimin" he whispered.

"You can leave us,Jiminie" Yoongi sobbed.

"You can be free now" Jungkook smiled as tears flowed down his cheeks.

"Its time for you to go, Mochi" Namjoon whispered.

Hoseok bowed his head. "Goodbye, Jimin" 

The heart monitor wailed one final note and the doctor quickly shut it of and left the room with the nurses. Gently, Jin positioned Jimin in hsi normal sleeping pose and pulled the sheets.

"He's gone." he sighed.

"He's happy" Namjoon corrected. "He's free"