Chapter 6

Jimin absolutely hated hospitals. He hated how blank it looked, how the smell of anticeptics hung over the rooms and mostly, the lack of variation in his life. Jimin was a dancer, and all he wanted was to move. But, apparently, moving is restricted when your lungs can't cope.

The worse thing was that his cancer was supposedly terminal because chemo did nothing more than cause his hair to fall out. Jimin wanted so bad to give up, to give in to his illness and die before anyone got too hopeful.

Besides, it hurt too much to live.

" I want to vomit" Jimin whispered. Hurriedly, Taehyung helped Jimin sit up and shoved a paper bag into his hands. He watched as his friend hunched over, his body racking with pain as puking sounds filled the room.

"Are you done?" Hoseok asked, rubbing Jimin's back slowly. "If its full, I can take another..."

Jimin shook his fine mop of almost white hair and smiled painfully.

"I'm just really tired, hyung. Can I go to sleep?"

"Only if you promise to wake up"

"Promise"

They didn't realize how the smile faltered for a moment as Jimin nodded, laying back tiredly. Jimin knew, the only thing chaining him reality was that promise, like a leash attached to a dog. And Jimin cared far too much to break that promise.

.............................................................................

There were times, Jimin would wake up smiling brightly, greeting everyone. Sometimes though, Jimin would sleep through the whole day and not wake up. Those times, the Bangtan Boys would grow so scared but Jimin would always wake up.

One day, though, Namjoon and Jin were on duty to watch over Jimin. They had both fallen asleep at night after half a day of watching over the sleeping boy. Though they were awakened by-

"Aaaaaaaaah!"

Both of them jolted awake to find the bed empty. They rushes to the sise to find Jimin sprawled on the ground.

"Jimin!" Namjoon yelled and gathered the trembling boy in his arms. "Where does it hurt?!!"

"Everywhere!" Jimin sobbed as he clawed at himself, pain radiating inside him like lashes from a whip.

"Get the doctors!"

Jin pressed the help button firmly and helped Namjoon set the boy on his bed, passing a hand over the ribs protuding from his front.

"Wait a little longer, they're coming" Namjoon begged as Jimin turned to his side and kicked at the sheets in pain.

"They're here!" Jin called as the doctors and nurses rushed in , immediaely taking care of the situation.

Namjoon stood at the door with Jin, both
holding each other tightly .

"He's gonna be alright, believe me"