➽1~Can't Sleep Yet

I awoke from my sleep with a startling jump. They're here already, the terrors followed me home. I can here their footsteps roaming around the lower level. I stared at the neon green numbers of my alarm clock; 12:00 a.m. it read. They always come around this hour and always leave when the sun begins to rise.

The footsteps grew closer, but only one pair. One is coming up. I quickly shuffled out of my bed, grabbing the flashlight near my bedside. A red beam of light scanned underneath my door. It arrived. I ducked into the nearest dark corner of my bedroom, eyes glued to the door. My heart raced in anticipation.

BAM!

The creature banged against the door, the sound almost mimicking the sound of a gun firing. I jumped, hugging my knees into my chest. I just need to make it at least six hours. Six hours, that's the goal. Another bang reverberated throughout the room along with a raspy, quiet, groan-like noise. As soon as it leaves, I have to find my way into my office. Ever since they began arriving, I renovated the home office into something more...appropriate for this situation. I would call it a panic room.

At this point, I've had enough.

The sound of wood breaking tore though the air. It's coming inside. I held my breath as my room was bathed in a blood red hue. The ground shook with each step it took, a loud grinding noise made me cover my ears. It peered up at it with anxious eyes. It doesn't even look remotely human...or animalistic. Its feet lifted and descended in a programmed manner. Its head rotated from side to side stiffly, the red cylinders of light moving along with it. It moved almost mechanically, yet human at the same time...

The groan-like noise coming from its chest sounded human, like someone in pain. And the smell...oh god. It smelled like blood...fresh blood. That metallic smell became all too familiar these past nights.

Too familiar.

The creature scanned around the room, unable to locate me. With stiff movements, it turned around, going back into the hallway, and plunging the room back into darkness.

One a.m. I've been sitting there for one hour. Only five more to go...I hope I survive this time...

~