➽2~Can't Sleep Yet Pt.2

One a.m.

This hour is usually not that bad. Usually I am able to shuffle my way out of the bedroom and into the security room. Usually they'd be downstairs by now, their blinding red eyes scanning for anything that dared to move.

But tonight...tonight was different.

The halls were bathed in blood red lights. I'm not sure I will even be able to move from this room.

But I have to try.

I gripped the flashlight tightly in my hands and peered around the door frame. One stood near the door of another room, ready to barge into it. 'She' looked like a ballerina. Her plastic legs were drawn close together, her feet causing her to forever be in the tiptoe position.

The grinding sound of the rusty gears turning almost made my skin crawl. Luckily, they were mostly drowned out by the sound of a piano coming from inside the creature.

She looked like a newer version of those smelly, disgusting heaps of metal. She did not have to small coating of fur the others possess. But she did posses that same deadly behavior they all have.

Her fists raised in a synchronized fashion and swung down on the door, punching two large holes in the wood. She did it again and with those final hits, tore the door from its hinges. She tiptoed into the room and I took this as an opportunity to run into the security room. The hallway was plunged into darkness once again. I turned off my flashlight and crawled into the hall, eyes wandering everywhere. I felt along the walls until the cold metal door was right under my fingers.

I pushed, and with minimal sound, the door opened. Quickly, I ran in and locked it. "Finally..." I breathed, switching on the lights and powering on the system. Five monitors lit up, each showing a different room of the house and two outside of the room.

The room had two doors, one on each side, since the room was positioned in the middle of the house.

Everything was going well...until the sound of the piano returned, this time louder than before.

"I know you're in there..."