Twelve → The First Date

TWELVE
| The First Day |

IT WAS THE NEXT DAY AND I WAS STANDING IN FRONT of the mirror in my bedroom, getting ready for my first date with Charlotte.

Jasper was sitting in my room helping me get ready -- or he thought he was anyways, I didn't exactly want fashion advice from him -- because I had to admit, I was pretty nervous.

He was also here because we had decided to go on a sort of double date to the Swellview Fair with Jasper and his new girlfriend so we could have a chance to meet her, but then Charlotte and I planned to also have some alone time.

"Okay, how does this look?" I asked Jasper, turning to show him the simple outfit I'd chosen.

I'd gone with black skinny jeans, a nice blue t-shirt and some Adidas Superstar sneakers to finish off the look

I'd gone with black skinny jeans, a nice blue t-shirt and some Adidas Superstar sneakers to finish off the look. I looked expectantly at my friend, who surveyed my outfit for a moment.

"Cool, casual but nice. Charlotte will love it." Jasper decided and I smiled.

"I hope so...gosh I feel so nervous." I admitted, running my hands through my hair.

Jasper chuckled. "You don't have to be though...it's just Charlotte." he reminded me and I laughed.

"I mean I know...but it isn't just Charlotte. It's me and Charlotte...together...going on an actual date. And I really don't want to mess up man. I want to enjoy this date with her, laugh and smile and stare into her gorgeous brown eyes..." I sighed, staring into space.

Jasper smirked at me, coughing to get my attention.

"What?" I asked.

Jasper laughed. "You've got it bad dude." he teased and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up." I snapped jokingly at him.

He laughed. "Okay okay, I won't tease but don't worry you'll be fine. Just consider the date as one level up from hanging out as friends." Jasper advised.

I nodded. "Sounds goooood." I replied. "When are we supposed to meet the girls at the fair anyways?" I added, as an afterthought, fixing my hair.

Jasper looked at his watch and his eyes widened as he stood from the bed. "In about fifteen minutes!" he yelled.

My eyes widened. "Oh shoot we gotta go now!"

- - - - - - - - -

"We're here we're here and we're so sorry we're late!" I yelled, slightly out of breathe along with Jasper as we reached the popcorn vender which is where we agreed to meet both girls.