Thirteen → The Build-Up

THIRTEEN

| The Build-Up|

IT WAS THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND JASPER AND I WERE at the mall shopping for outfits for the Back To School Ball. 

[ A/N: pictures are of the outfits they're wearing to the mall, hella cute ] 

Jasper had already bought an outfit before but after he'd show me the completely striped pants and shirt duo he had been planning to wear, I had dragged him to the mall to pick out some new outfits

The Back to School Ball was tomorrow -- Friday -- and the night of our first date Charlotte had actually asked me to be her date to the dance which was beyond exciting.

- flashback - 

Charlotte and I were hand-in-hand as we walked to her front door. I wanted to be a gentleman and walk her home and besides, I wanted to say hi to Elle because I wanted her to see that I wasn't a bad guy and that Charlotte definitely didn't hate me anymore.

We stopped once we reached the front door and Charlotte turned me to me with a small smile. "So...this is me." she said, looking up at me.

"Yeah....today was really fun." I replied, smiling down at her.

"Very fun! So fun...that it wouldn't be completely awful to go on another date with you." Charlotte said cheekily.

"Oh really?" I smirked, looking at her cheekily.

She rolled her eyes jokingly and smiled at me. "Yeah...maybe even to that Back to School Ball...you know...for the cheerleaders." she then said.

I burst out laughing. "Yes, for the cheerleaders I'd love to attend the ball with you Mrs. Bolton." I answered genuinely.

Charlotte grinned from ear-to-ear. "Awesome!" she said, reaching up to give me a hug and I hugged her back tightly, smiling. Once Charlotte pulled back, she gestured to the door. "Wanna come in for a bit?" she asked.

"I mean, I wanna say hi to Elle but I gotta go soon." I replied and she nodded and opened the door. 

"Mom! I'm home!" Charlotte yelled as we walked inside. She tossed her bag to the side and closed the door behind me.

"I'm in the kitchen honey!" Elle yelled back and I laughed, following Charlotte through her familiar hallway and into her kitchen.

Elle had her back turned to us, rummaging in the cupboards when we walked in. "Hey mom!" Charlotte greeted.

"Hey sweetie! How was the date with Henry?" Elle asked, not turning around.

Charlotte gestured for me to stay quiet with a smirk. "It was really good!" Charlotte responded, slipping into one of the high chairs at her island and I quietly slipped into the one behind her.