FORTY ONE

♡Matt's POV♡
------------------------------------

I paced the room as if my butt was on fire. Why does my father have to make everything ten times more difficult? He should've let me do this at my own time but no, he had to set a freaking deadline of seven days.

The main question here was how would I say this to her? Oh hey my father's making me CEO and he says I need to be engaged first so come have dinner with him and pose as my future bride. This was insane. My father was insane.

"Are you okay?" Will's voice suddenly sounded from behind me.

"Yeah."

"Okay..." She eyed me skeptically and sat on the couch with a teacup in her hand, sipping from it. "Something's bothering you," she said.

I snorted, trying to deny it.

"It's quite obvious," she retorted. "Did something happen at work? Family issues?"

"A little bit of both," I answered and sat next to her. "Will..." I trailed off. My heart was beating too hard and fast for me to talk. How was I going to ask her this?

"Is there a problem?"

I took her empty hand in mine and squeezed it gently. The feeling of her skin on mine was very calming. I sighed and suddenly felt much calmer. Maybe this wouldn't be so hard to get out of my system after all. Or would it?

"So earlier today, I went down to-"

I got cut off from the blaring sound of my ringtone. Whoever the hell could be calling?

"Give me a moment," I said to Will and pulled my phone out from my pocket. Private number. Angered, I declined the call.

"Is everything okay?" Will questioned. "Your phone has been ringing a little too much lately."

"Just some business problems. W-we're trying to land a deal," I lied. Holy f*ck! Why the hell am I lying?

"Oh okay," I answered in understanding. "So you were saying?"

"Ah, yes. " I cleared my throat. "I went over to my dad's this morning and he-"

Phone call, again. It was the same private number and I was beginning to get extremely pissed.

"You should get it," Will said. "It seems important."

"You're right. Excuse me."

I moved as far away from Will as possible. I didn't want her to get worried because I was receiving these anonymous phone calls. It would be better if I dealt with this alone.

"Who the hell are you?" I growled into the phone as soon as I was locked away in my room.

"You still don't know," the man's voice came and I instantly recognized it. It was that motherf*cker from last night.

"What do you want from me?"

"Your love. Is that too much to ask?"

"Can you please tell me who you are?"

"Do I have to? You'll find out soon..." There was a moment of silence before the dude spoke again, "Right before you die."

"What?! You're bluffing."

"We'll see," he chuckled and the line went dead.

I tried calling the number but obviously failed. I just couldn't reach it. Frustrated, I banged my fist against the wall.