TEN

♡Will's POV♡
------------------------------------------------------

Nothing ever went back to normal but at least I could say I moved on and not be lying. I became alone and bored and I had to take up extra shifts at Pearlie's. Paying all the bill's on my own as a pizzeria waitress was the next thing to impossible. A week ago, a co-worker of mine told me about this bar where I could take shifts at. She only suggested it and wasn't pressuring me into it. But after I analyzed the situation I was caught up in, I chose to take up her offer. She helped me get a job interview and it was successful.

Today was supposed to be my first day - or night, comsidering the hour. I was so nervous because being a bartender involved interaction and I wasn't entirely the social bee. But when I got there, everything seemed to be going smoothly.

A bulky man with tattooed arms sat in one of the seats opposite me. "Hello sir. What may I get you?"

"Tequila," he grumbled. "I've got to drown my surrows."

I pulled a bottle of tequila and poured some into a glass. "What's the occasion? You look like you've had a rough night."

"The usual," he said. "My girlfriend's a fucking liar. She made me fall in love with her while she found a way to cheat me. Took my money, motorbike and even attempted to steal my basset, Gregg. "

"She sounds awful."

"Awful is an understatement. "

A sudden tap on my shoulder makes me turn my head to the side. A girl I recognize as one of my co-workers which I wasn't at all acquainted to, hands me a glass with some amber liquid in it.

"Here," she said, giving me the glass. "The guy over there was very insistent." She nodded her head behind her.

"Thanks?" I looked over her shoulder and sure enough, I saw a very familiar dark head with the brightest blue eyes I'd ever seen.

Matt waved his hand at me while shooting me a dashing grin when he realized I had spotted him. I frowned back in return then stomped my way over to him.

"What the hell are you doing here? Are you following me?" I confronted him.

"Actually I'm supposed to be asking you those questions." He leaned his elbows on the table. "This bar is my place. I hang out here a lot. So much that I know the bartenders who are supposed to be on this shift. And that doesn't include you."

I suddenly felt intimidated by him. What was wrong with me?

"So are you going to tell me what exactly you're doing here or what?"

I looked him in the eye as I quickly racked through my head for a lie. "I... am filling in for a friend."

He sipped his drink. "And I... know you're lying."

"You can't just walk in here and start accusing me of lying."

"Only it's not an accusation, love. It's the truth." He smirked. "You hesistated," he cleared out for me.

"What?" I laughed. "I didn't."

"I'm no fool, Will."

"You know what? Leave me alone. I've got things to do." I turned around to leave but stopped due to the tight grip around my forearm that jerked me back.

"If you're in some kind of trouble, let. Me. Know," he demanded, face downright serious.

I yanked my arm back. "I'm not. And even if I were, I'd sort things out on my own," I hissed between gritted teeth.

Matt looked back at me, his face showing no trace of playfulness. I teared my eyes off his face and marched away.

I might need your help, but I'm not ready to crawl towards you.