TWENTY SIX

♥Matt's POV♥
-

---------------------------------------------------

The jealousy was eating me alive and I gave in to it.

Seeing Ben kiss Will's cheek just seemed to flare my anger. It was as harmless as it could get but somehow it seemed to scar my heart. I don't know why the idea of her with any other guy that isn't me made my blood boil. I had never been this possessive over anyone.

Now that Will was leaving, I didn't know exactly what to do. My world was falling apart. Will was the only thing that made sense and now she was leaving. Even thinking about it stung.

------------------------------------------------------♥Will's POV♥

I was sad and angry and tired. Last night had been so hectic for me since I had to gather all my stuff out of Matt's luxury home. It was disheartening to leave, especially since I had no memento for our memories.

A part of me felt like I shouldn't have quit the job while another part of me felt that it was for the better. And I knew it myself that I couldn't go through this abuse anymore.

But damn I loved spending time with him. I loved having to see his face and having to hear his voice everyday. But I guess he didn't.

I walked into the building and headed over straight to Margaret's desk. She was standing there with her whitish hair styled in a bobcut and beaming at me. We had gotten acquainted during the long run.

"Will sweetheart, how are you?"

I smiled politely at her. "Great, Margaret. Is Mr. Arma in?"

"No," she shook her head. "He left a couple hours ealier but he said he'll be back before sunset. Shouldn't be long from now."

I glanced outside through the impeccably clean glass doors. The sky was already starting to get pinkish and the sun was only minutes away from dipping below the horizon. If I wanted to keep away from Matt, I had to get going.

"Well, if you don't mind, give these to him." I fished the keys out of my purse and placed them in front of her. "Tell him it's from me."

"Will do," she agreed, grabbing the keys and placing them into one of her many drawers. "Are you sure you don't want to meet him?"

I nodded vigorously. "A hundred percent."

Margaret shrugged her shoulders. "Your choice."

As I shot one last smile at Margaret, I spinned around on my heels and headed for the massive glass doors that let me out of the building. The last rays of sunlight glowed in my eyes, blinding me for a second before it finally descended. Sighing I walked forward only to see Matt walking towards me.

It was so sudden and I couldn't help the electric jolt that coursed through me upon locking eyes with him. Almost immediately, I averted my gaze to the ground and stalked on.

It was such an intense feeling when he walked past me, brushing shoulders. I could feel the flutters in my stomach and the sadness washing over me ten fold. My feet wanted to stick to ground and stop me from moving, my eyes wanted to look at his beautiful face but my head told me that this was all wrong and that I had to move on.

Dragging another deep breath, I promised myself to stay strong. My gaze was trained on the path in front of me, my heart bruising my ribs from its vigorous pounding.

"Will?" I heard his sweet, sweet, velvety voice say. I didn't turn to look at him but I had stopped walking all together. "Will, please look at me."

I had an internal battle with myself but finally, I did look up. He looked tired with eye bags and dark circles. His beard was a bit bushier than he normally kept it and he had a pained look on his face. This was also difficult for him, I realized. But he should have known that his actions had consequences.

"Will, talk to me. Please."

I kept my voice calm, steady and devoid of all emotions. "I have nothing to say to you, Matt. I dropped your keys with Margaret. And say good bye to Carmen for me."

He stood there, quiet and looking helpless. "Don't go."

"Can't. I've already prepared everything."

"Give me another chance."

I found myself laughing like a lunatic because nothing was funny. It was kind of hysterical...derision. "You had a million chances Matt and do you know what you did with them? You flipped them over and wasted them. It's just Wilhelmina Dame after all, she's definitely going to give you another chance. That's what you don't get. I'm only human. I have feelings, too. Just because I decided to put up with your crap doesn't mean I wanted to. You harrased me and mentally abused me for consecutive months and here you think a simple apology can fix it. But you're wrong - it can't."

He took brisk steps towards me. "I admit it okay. I know I was being a total ass to you. I know that I wasn't treating you right. And I know you deserve more than this. You're worth more than this. I want you to understand that my whole life I was the one in charge. It's the reason why I am such a prick. But I'm trying to change - for you. Just please don't leave me alone."

I was looking anywhere but his face. He was willing to change...for me. But what if he doesn't?

"Will?" His voice sounds pained when he lifts my chin up with his fingers. There goes the fireworks. "Please."

He inched his face closer to mine till I could feel his breath fanning my face and my heart beating like I'd just run a marathon race. He traced my lips with his fingertips, moved closer.

I knew he was going to kiss me but I couldn't let him. The last time it did happen, all sorts of complications followed and I wasn't ready for that.

"Don't," I whispered. He didn't move back. "Don't do what you're going to regret."

"I would never regret this."

Everything was at full bliss when he closed the space between us. He made magic with his lips while I could do nothing but gape in awe.

I wouldn't regret this either.

------------------------------------------------------
A/N: I can see your pitchforks and torches and I know you want to attack me with them but please I am soooo sorry for the long wait. This was a hard chapter to write but I knew that we needed to move on because the whole scenario was getting boring. Don't call Will a pushover. She has a backbone and she knows what she's doing. Things are going to get spicy but I'll have to clear the mess I created first. Thanks a lot for the support, guys. This book would have been in the bin if it wasn't for you.

Also I might edit this chapter in the future.

XOXOXO