TWENTY

♥Will's POV♥
------------------------------------------------------

If this is what love is like, then I hate to be in it. Ever since I met Matt, my life changed rapidly and became very eventful.

I used to like Liam but upon meeting Matt, my feelings flickered. What I felt for Liam was not at all comparable to what I felt for Matt. I had a minor crush on Liam but I was in love with Matt.

I was worried that Matt didn't like me back, that he had another girl on his mind. That if I show him my true feelings he would reject me and cower away. What even fueled my worry some more was the fact that we were both drifting apart. He refuses to look at me and it makes me want to cry.

Lately, I had been running Matt's errands in the Headquarters. For some unknown reason, I just feel he wants me to stay away from his house.

I had met the employees of the Arma Corps. Most of them were older than I was but we get along well with them.

"See you tomorrow, Will," Alice, Matt's secretary said to me as she kept the last of her files in the cabinet.

"You too, Alice," I replied as I headed towards Matt's office. I knocked on the door and waited until I had his permission before walking in.

He looked up at me for a second before quickly averting his gaze to the bunch of papers he was working on.

I felt my heart crack.

"Is there a problem?" he asked still refusing to look at me.

"No, I just wanted to tell you that I'd be leaving now," I said.

"Okay."

"Bye."

I don't know why I felt disappointed. A part of me had been hoping for something more, something that I knew would never get.

My hand had reached for door handle when Matt called me.

"Um, Will? Are you going to be doing anything when you go back home?"

"No, nothing. Why?"

And for the first time in two weeks, Matt willingly looked up at me. "I have ton of work to complete and I'm going to need your help," he said.

I nodded. "S-sure," I stuttered.

"Good. Come and help me wrap this up," he ordered.

I did as he said, moving towards him and assisting him to gather all the files into one folder.

When we were done, we left his office and took the elevator downstairs. The ride was strained, awkward and unbearably long. My body felt tense all over as Matt and I kept glancing at each other. There was an emotion in his eyes, one that I didn't know.

The doors finally opened up and we walked out. A good number of the staff members kept looking at me, not bothering to be discreet about their whispering. I tried to hide my face as we walked past them all.

The doors automatically opened up for us I trailed behind Matt as he walked out.

Matt's driver, Derek, was waiting for him downstairs. Matt beckoned me in and I followed him.

The ride home wasn't any better than the elevator ride. There was strained silence and I kept on fidgetting in my seat. A strong electric current was flowing between Matt and I. The static force was strong and made me all tingly. I wanted to jump out of the car.

Matt looked down at me, a strong emotion flaring in his bright blue eyes. Time seemed to have stop while I was drowning in them. I wasn't even breathing properly. My hands wanted to trace the lines of his sharp cheek bones, his nose, his lips. They wanted to experience the texture of his hair and the feel of his skin.

His intoxicating breath fanned my face and it took me all of my will power to not melt into a puddle.

Matt turned his face, breaking our gaze to look at the city that zoomed past us. My heart's crack deepened and tears brimmed in my eyes while  I forced them back.

Derek pulled the car into Matt's driveway. A valet quickly came around and opened our doors for us.

We went up to his penthouse were he dropped his stuff.

"I'll get the folders, you get me a hot mug of coffee," he said and I turned around to do as he said.

After I had prepared the coffee, I carried the mug and walked out of the kitchen.

Matt had spread the folders on the carpeted floor of the living room. He looked up at me when I approached him and gave him the mug.

"Thanks," he muttered, collecting the cup from my hands and taking a sip from it.

"Your welcome," I replied while settling down unto the floor beside him. "How should I sort it?"

"Search for all the files from M.A.K.K Inc. Then separate it into contracts and invoices," he ordered and I nodded my head.

We spent hours working on the files. The barrier of tension between Matt and I melted down a bit and I felt happy. We worked together and finished sorting all the files. By the time we were done, it was already dark outside and I was yawning.

"Well done, Will," he congratulated me and I grinned from ear to ear. "You did a good job today."

"Thanks a lot," I responded while getting up on my feet. "I guess I better get going."

'Yep. It's pretty late," he agreed.

He trailed behind me as I walked to the door and when I opened it, he told me good night one more time.

I don't know why I stood there simply looking up at him, and I don't know why he also didn't move. We were standing and gazing at each other like there was no tomorrow.

Matt's hand moved up to my face and wiped a lock of my hair away. His head dipped lower while I reached up on my tippy toes to close the distance between us.

It was epic. Matt's kiss was gentle as our lips brushed and then slowly began moving together in sync. His tongue grazed over my lips, seeking entrance and I permitted him without hesitating. I could literally taste Matt—minty, fresh and so much more. I found myself molding myself into him so that we could become one. I felt his heart beating rapidly against my chest, my hands skimming the skin of his neck. My hands were up in his hair, feeling the texture that I have longed to experience and his big hands cradled my waist. Every part of my skin felt hot with desire and all I could think was more.

And then realization hit me.

What on earth was I doing? Matt doesn't like me, does he? Everything he is doing must be driven by pure lust. I'll regret it if I go ahead with this.

Thoughts bombarded me. As much as I loved the feel of Matt's touch, something told me he didn't like me back, that I'd get my heart broken if I didn't put an end to this.

And so I did.

I pulled away from Matt, suddenly feeling cold like I was in a refrigerator. I opened my eyes and  saw Matt peering down at me with a thousand emotions all packed into one turnado in his eyes.

"What just happened?" I asked, my voice a barely audible whisper.

Matt shook his head, his eyes suddenly becoming void of all emotions. "You know what? That never happened."

I opened my mouth to speak but Matt cut me off again.

"Don't ever bring this up again. It never happened," he said again, his voice sharper than necessary.

Unable to form coherent words, I simply nodded my head.

"Leave," he commanded his hand reaching up to his temple as he massaged it.

I slowly backed out of the house, hot tears threatening to spill. I ran into the elevators and as soon as the doors shut, they poured out in buckets. It was all clear now.

My feelings for him were unrequited.

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm so sorry Will.

Vote, comment and share!!