TWENTY EIGHT

♥Will's POV♥
------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the uncomfortable feeling of sunlight shining on my face.

Last night, it was almost midnight when the plane finally landed in Bismarck. It was really late but luckily enough, I got a cab that could take me to my Nana's place. I knew it was my choice to leave California but I could help getting that 'empty' feeling.

Throughout my ride home, my mind kept drifting off to Matt. I felt so weak and vulnerable from the way he'd been treating me but I'd never have to see him again. That thought was supposed to calm me down but instead it brought a sting in my chest.

Minutes later, we arrived in front of my Grandma's house. The cab driver carried my luggage and dropped them down for me. He was short and plumpy with bushy brown hair and a pot belly.

"Thank you," I told him with a grateful smile on my face. 

"No problem, Princess," he replied as he walked back to the door of his yellow cab. After getting in, he zoomed down the quiet streets of the small town of Lisbon. 

With a sigh, I bent down and picked up my baggage and walked up to the front door of my Grandma's little house. I knew that she already locked the door by this hour so I reached for the spare key under the mat.

Her living room still looked the same. It was softly furnished with peach colored sofas, and lemon green cushions. I was exhausted so left my baggage at the foot of the stairs and went to my room. I took my shoes and jacket off before going to sleep.

Excitedly, I jumped off the bed and went out of the room. As I opened the door, the sweet smell of butter and cocoa powder slapped me. My grandma was baking her delicious cookies again.  I ran to the kitchen and just as I had expected, Nana was there. I watched her open the oven and pull out a full tray of nice, round, brown, chocolate chip cookies. Right after she dropped them down on the counter, I ran towards her and wrapped her in a bear hug.

"Nana!" I squealed excitedly.

"Mina-boo!" she responded, also hugging me very tight. "It's so good to see you again."

"I missed you so much!" I told her, pulling away from the hug. Just then, I heard a dog's bark coming from outside the kitchen. When I turned around, I saw Jojo, Nana's pet boxer.

"Jojo," I squealed, kneeling down to grab the dog that was coming towards me. "How have you been, little boy?" He licked my face, feverishly wagging his tail.

"Wow Jojo still remembers me," I told Nana.

"He hardly forgets faces he's seen. And besides, you visit so often."

Getting up to my feet, I looked at Nanas baked goods. "Ah, what do we have here?" I asked, eyeing the full tray of mouthwatering cookies.

"Freshly baked cookies for my Mina."

"Why don't I give them a taste." I started to reach for a cookie when Nana slapped my hand away.

"Only after you shower."

~

I sat on the bed of my room - the one I used whenever I visited Nana when I was little. The room had not changed and it still had pink curtains and what not. My towel was wrapped around my wet body from the shower I had just taken. I quickly dressed up in a pair of shorts and a full-sleeved shirt, braiding my damp hair before skipping downstairs for a sugary treat.

"I'm all dressed up," I announced to Nana who was sitting on the couch with Jojo jumping around her. As soon as he spotted me, he ran up to me and knocked me to the ground, licking my face. I ran my fingers through his fur as I managed to get him off me.

"Jojo," I laughed.

"He really likes you," Nana commented.

 "I know right." I got up to my feet, Jojo still hopping around me. "So where are the cookies?" I asked eagerly.

"Sugar is bad for your teeth."

"I'm not six anymore," I whined. "Please, Nana."

"Okay, okay, Mina. They are in the kitchen."

"Thanks." I kissed Nana's cheek before running off to the kitchen to eat the chocolate chip cookies.

------------------------------------------------------
♥Matt's POV♥
------------------------------------------------------

Upon arriving at the Airport, I had already called my Secretary to rent me a condo and get me a driver. I had also instructed her to look for Will's whereabouts. The chances of finding her was equal to that of finding a needle in a haystack. But I didn't care how long it'd take. All I knew was that I came here to find Will and I wasn't leaving without her.

The driver drove me silently. I came down from the car and went up to my condo. I couldn't wait to find Will and when I do, I'd confess my feelings to her and hopefully, she'd forgive me.

I had never imagined having a future with a girl. I wanted to get married to Will. I wanted to have a  family with her. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I hope she does too.

I undressed and went into the bathroom for a hot shower. I had brought only two pairs of clothes with me so I'd have to go to the mall. Probably tomorrow after loosening all of my tight muscles up.

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yes guys, I know I took a really long time to update but this chapter didn't come so easily to me. I don't know what happened but I just wasn't feeling the 'flow'. Also this is kind of some stupid filler chapter but don't worry there's more drama to come.

HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!