TWELVE

Will's POV
------------------------------------------------------

I took the elevator up to Mr. Arma's penthouse with a bunch of folders which he made me collect on my way back from campus.

I stepped into his house, my shoes made a soft clicking sound as it made contact with the wooden linoleum.

"Mr. Arma, Sir?" I called as I walked deeper into the penthouse.

"Mr. Arma?" I called again before I heard footsteps walking out of the deeper interior of the house.

"Hi." A lady said. She had beautiful strawberry blonde hair and emerald green eyes. She was about two inches shorter than me.

As I kept admiring the pretty petite woman in front of a me, a dark thought creeped into my mind. What if she was one of his mistresses? The thought of having her hands all over him made me want to gag. But it wasn't only disgust I felt towards her, there was something else... jealousy?

No, no, no. There was no way I could possibly be jealous. Mr. Arma is my boss. We are not even on first name basis.

"You must be Willaima..." The lady's voice yanked me out of my train of thoughts.

"It's Wilhelmina," I corrected her. "But you can also call me Will."

She nodded. "Will. That's much easier to pronounce."

I giggled. She was sweet.

"So, Will," she continued. "I am Carmen, Matt's sister. He said you were going to drop a few folders."

I nodded, no longer doubting her since she said Mr. Arma was her brother. Wait he never told me he had any siblings? I handed the folders to her.

"Um, Ms. Carmen--" I started but she cut me off.

"Call me Carmen; I am not a fan of formality."

I smiled at her. "Carmen, where did Mr. Arma go to?"

"Well, Matt told me he got a call from Daniella. She asked him to go to dinner, that's why he had to leave so urgently."

Daniella? Who the heck was Daniella? Suddenly, I felt the jealousy pangs coming at me but I refused to acknowledge it. I only felt that way because it was unexpected and out of the blue. Yeah, that was a rational explanation.

"Also," Carmen said to me. "He said you should wait for him 'till he gets back from his date. In the meantime you could help yourself to some dinner. I'll be in the lobby with Margaret."

"Okay." I nodded my head as she walked past me. After shooting me a dashing grin, she left the penthouse.

I sighed and ran a hand down my face when my tummy rumbled. Thank God Carmen wasn't here to hear it or else she would think I was some starved loner.

A part of my brain told me to get something to eat from the kitchen while another part spoke against it saying I shouldn't. Taking food from my boss' house would be inappropriate... but Mr. Arma insisted.

After I finished with my internal debate (which the latter lost) I proceeded to the kitchen and made myself a tuna sandwich. With my stomach full, I rested my head on the counter top.