TWENTY FOUR

♥Matt's POV♥
------------------------------------------------------

Sir Luthering's Conference Hall was located downtown. It was a large building structure with an ancient architectural theme to it. There were large, thick pillars at the front of the hall, painted white just like the rest of the building. In front of it was a well manicured garden with trimmed shrubs. It looked majestic.

Earlier, I was supposed to go to a meeting with some foreign investors. But my dad had already rescheduled the meeting for next tomorrow without letting me know till thirty minutes before its commencement. It was seriously annoyong the way he poked his nose into everything I do. I hated that he felt like he could manipulate everything, including me. So instead of going to the meeting, he now wants me to attend a gathering of Executives and CEO's managing other Hotel Suites from around the world.

"We're here," I said to Will as I scooted into the parking lot and stopped the at an empty, reasonable spot.

"Wait, what is this place? What's going on here?" she asked, her face contorted in a nervous expression.

"It's like a social gathering of International Hotel CEO's," I answered.

Will's dark eyes dropped down to her lap where her hands were, constantly picking at her thumb. Her long thick lashes casted a shadow over the skin of her prominent cheekbones.

"I don't think it'll be right for me to go there," she confessed.

"Are you worried that you won't blend in?"

"That, and it's just wrong for someone so average like me to go in there. I don't want to poke my nose in what doesn't concern me," she confided in me.

I sighed, leaning my head back. I wasn't going to force her. "I understand," I breathed. "Do you mind staying with Carmen while I'm in the meeting? It's not safe for you to be alone. Plus, you can leave the building and go somewhere actually fun before I get done."

"That'll be nice." She smiled a shy smile that made my heart flip.

I had been failing, I realized. All those mean things I did to Will just made me a sadistic freak because my feelings towards her blossomed with each second. I was trying to find a way to stop loving her, because the feeling was so foreign, new and strange to me. But it was pointless trying since I wasn't at all succeeding. I might as well just give up.

"I'll send Carmen to you as soon as I see her. It won't take long, I promise."

*
My eyes were drooping and I was completely zoned out by the time the meeting ended. Turns out, my father had also attended the meeting. He sat beside me throughout as we all spoke our opinions, negotiated and listened.

I glanced at the watch around my wrist for the time. We had spent over two hours in this damned conference hall. I just hope Will is having a good time with Carmen.

"Son, wait up," I heard my dad's voice from behind me.

Coming to a halt, I turned around and faced him. "Yeah?"

"I spoke to Mr. Nathaniel lately," he began and I swallowed visibly. I knew where this conversation was heading to.

"What did he say to you?"

My father's face grew grim and he carried on. "His daughter told him that you don't want to marry her?"

I nodded, jaw clenching already. "That's right."

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he all but yelled. "Why did you do that?"

"Because I don't even like her," I retorted. "She's too fake and whiney."

"She was perfect for you."

"You don't make my choices father," I spat. "I'm not your puppet so you can't control me. I have my own opinions so next time you're about to do something that concerns me, stop and just stop. I am fed up of you treating me like a child."

"Matthew! Indoor voice."

"Screw it!"

I could see how my dad felt like he was about to explode but he couldn't do that here. He breathed in deeply, slowly released a gush of air. "Tell me why you denied Daniella."

"Because I've got someone else," I answered.

"Who?" My father interrogated.

I stared at my dad, pondering over his question. I was contemplating over what I should tell him, but deep inside, I knew my heart only wanted one person. "Wilhelmina Dame," I breathed.

I felt like I was on fire as I whirled around and stalked away from my father. He was calling for me to come back I really couldn't care less. I ignored him and trekked out of the Main Hall and to the parking lot where I had left my car.

On my way there, I called Carmen telling her that she could bring Will back. At least her face would make me feel better.

I still couldn't believe that I told my dad about Will because I was certain he'll be waiting to see her and judge her. Will was a very shy person and things between us were currently very rough. I had to stop treating her like trash if  I wanted a future with her.

The low roar of an engine brought me out of my reverie. I watched as Carmen's Lexus LFA scooted over to me, coming to a sudden halt. The passenger door flew open and I watched as an enthusiastic Will climbed out.

"Thanks for today," she said to Carmen.

"It was no biggie," Carmen answered.

"Well thanks anyway." Flipping her silky honey blonde hair, Will trotted over to me with a wide grin on her face. This girl would be the death of me.

It was unusual but I suddenly had butterflies at the sight of her. My heart rate had picked up and my throat was drought dry. I swallowed hard as I got into the car.

"So, where did you and Carmen go to?" I asked, in an attempt to start a conversation.

"Coldstone. We ate some ice cream and just talked before going window shopping," she answered, curtly. There was something about the way she was sitting—her hip was turned towards me while her head was looking out of her window. It was as if she was attracted to me but tried to suppress it.

"You must have had much more fun than I did," I mumbled. "The meeting was killer boring."

She chuckled her heart-captivating chuckle and I tried to stop myself melting into a gooey mess.

I was a goner now and there was no turning back. I didn't want to.

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N:- This was one hell of a difficult chapter to write but it was soooooo essential for the story to move on. Matt is finally getting some sense knocked into his hollow cranium (it's about time) and Will is being so freaking patient that it hurts.