THIRTY EIGHT

♡Will's POV♡
------------------------------------------------------

We went stargazing afterwards. I was surprised at how interesting it turned out to be and how much fun I ended up having. I wrapped my arms around myself and stared out of Matt's tinted car windows at the stars and moon. I was enjoying myself way too much to notice it was already midnight.

"Thanks for tonight," I mumbled.

"It was no big deal," he said.

"I'm still grateful." I really couldn't remember the last time I was able to relax and have fun without worrying at all.

I peeked at Matt's face and saw the ghost of a smile. He was also very satisfied with the way things had turned out.

"Shoot," I spat.

"Everything alright?"

"Yeah I forgot to tell you some lady came by earlier. Darcy, was it? She asked if you were in and left as soon as she found out you weren't. Seemed like something urgent." And personal.

"That's peculiar. I don't know any Darcy. Did she leave a last name?"

I shook my head but then realized he probably couldn't see me since he had most of his attention on the road. "No."

Matt's mood had suddenly changed and I regretted telling him now. Maybe I should've left it till tomorrow. But someone came looking for him and he deserved to know.

"Describe her," he ordered, voice stern.

"Tall, slender, brown hair, tanned and elegantly dressed."

"Wow. Because all those features are distinctive. "

"I'm sorry but that's all I've got."

He sighed and ran one hand through his hair, eyes squinted as he thought hard. My body felt tense. Was I supposed to be worried or scared? What if this Darcy wasn't a nice person? What if her name wasn't even Darcy?

I sucked in a breath and jumped in my seat when Matt's phone began to ring. He roughly pulled it out from his pocket and pressed it to his ear. His face looked somber.

I tried not to be the prying kind of girlfriend and turned my attention elsewhere like the non existent tune playing from the radio or counting the stars. One, two, three, four... No I think I counted that one twice.

------------------------------------
♡Matt's POV♡
------------------------------------

Why on earth would a private number call my phone? I was utterly confused. Nonetheless, I pushed my worries to one side and answered the call. Maybe it might be someone I know.

"Hello?" I called into the mouthpiece, waiting for a reply. It was risky and wrong for me to answer a phone call while driving. This person better speak up quick.

A good ten seconds had passed and there was still no answer. "Who is this?"

My temper was rising very rapidly. First some Darcy whom I am very sure I've never met in my life shows up at my doorstep and now this?

"It's me, Love." The voice was that of a man. Wow, peculiar. I'm not gay.

"Excuse me do I know you?"

The man gasped. "I'm hurt, baby. How can you say that?"

"This isn't funny. Who are you?"

"Someone who seeks revenge."

"On what?" I queried. This was quickly becoming a mixture of creepy and comical.

"Have you forgotten how you used me? You made me believe it was real and then you dumped me. Perhaps it was because of that thot of yours - whatever her name is."

I glanced over at Will for a split second and saw how she was innocently staring out of the window and humming a tune that was off key.

"Listen, if you're one of Darcy's accomplices or if you're Darcy herself, stay away from me and my girl," I sneered then hung up out of pure rage.

"Are you okay? You look flushed," Will murmured, her brows knit with worry.

"I'm okay," I sighed. "Someone's playing mind games."

"Oh..." her face looked a bit saddened as she picked on her thumb. A habit she wouldn't ever drop. "Matt?"

"Huh?"

"Is that animal?"

And that was when I saw the stray dog-like creature standing in the middle of the empty night road about ten meters away from us. I twisted the steering wheel to the left, swerving the car away from the animal. We avoided it just in time.

I hit the brakes and the car came to a sudden halt. Will, next to me, was gripping unto the sides of her seat so tight her knuckles were white. She had her eyes shut and her back stuck to the leather cover.

"Are you okay?" I asked, alarmed. I so badly didn't want her to get hurt.

She slowly opened her eyes and released her grip on the seat. "I think so."

I sighed in relief, checking to see if the animal was still there. "It's a coyote," I noted as I watched it pad away.

"What's one doing out here?"

"Technically, this place is kind of remote and it's pretty late." I turned to face her and my eyes spotted something. "Will?"

"Mmm?"

"What's on your face? By the side of your forehead."

She lifted her hand and used her fingers to gently dab the area. Her face started to pale as her hand came into her view. "Oh no," she breathed upon sighting the red liquid on her fingers. She swallowed, "How bad is it?"

I became completely worried and gulity. Maybe if I had been paying more attention to the road instead of seething over some anonymous creep this wouldn't have happened. "I don't know. It's too dark." And the cut is covered in blood. I didn't say that though, so I wouldn't worry her.

I pulled a hanky out of my pocket and reached over to her so that I could help wipe the blood away. She winced a bit at first when I began dabbing.

"Does it hurt?"

"Not so bad."

I cleaned some more blood away. I tried to be as careful as possible so I wouldn't harm her at all. It was bad enough I caused this.

When I pulled back, I saw Will looking at me. Her face held no hint of emotion as she blankly stared at my face. I gaped back at her, hoping I'd catch on to something. But she was no open book.

She moved forward and captured my lips with hers in a slow, electrifying kiss. I kissed her back, my body tingling all over with the desire to feel her against me. My hand grabbed the back of her neck, feeling the warmth and softness of her skin. Oh how badly I wanted to devour her. I was afraid if she knew the intensity of my feelings for her she would be scared.

We pulled away, panting. No words spoken but a lot of information exchanged.

"Let's get you to a hospital. This cut looks deeper than we think it is."

---------

Hiya! It's me. Again. And I'm super satisfied with the way this chapter turned out to be. If you also liked it go ahead and click that star at the bottom of your screen. I just want to show you guys a little appreciation. You are all amazing people. Thank you for staying with me to this point of the book and not getting bored by my lack of insteresting scenes. It means so much. Do me a favor and leave a comment on what you think about this book. It's so much fun to know what goes on in your heads as you read the chapters. Share with your friends and family. Also check the other books I began writing on my page. Thank you!!! 😙😙❤❤❤