Chapter 9

Harley's POV

"Hey! Did you sign your name on the sign up sheet for basketball yet?" Chase asks.

"Nah, I was thinking about doing it at lunch after period three." I answer him.

We walk past Ben and his friends, including Mason.

Mason and I haven't even said a word about that night of the party.

Uh Harley, you guys didn't even do anything?

Shut up inner voice. I know we didn't do anything it's just that we could of, which we didn't. I mean all I did was fall on him, but he could have easily taken that as a hint for him to take me to a room.

I'm over thinking way too much. At least I think I am.

"Better hurry, try outs are after school." He smirks making me roll my eyes.

"Don't you have a class to go to?" I send him a playful glare.

Yeah but Harley, can't he ask you the same thing?

My inner voice really needs to stop talking. Honestly.

But incase you really want to know inner voice which happens to be super annoying, my class got out early for period two. So ha.

"Nah, I dipped out a while ago."

For those who don't know what the term 'dipped out' means, it just means skipped class or left class early.

"Wow, you must be some bad kid. Skipping your classes." I shake my head.

"Yeah shut up." He playfully glares making me giggle.

"Nah, I like annoying you." I tease making him shake his head and roll his eyes.

"I'll remember that."

"Ooo I'm so scared." I mock at him.

A smirk appears on Chases face making my eyes go wide. I tighten my grip on my bag and binder then book it down the hall, away from Chase. The sound of giggles and sneakers hitting the hallway floor are the only sounds to be heard. I mean they were the only sounds before I ran into someone, making us both fall and the girl scream.

"Oh crap! I'm sorr- actually never mind." I glare at the person who sits across from me.

"Watch where you're going freak." She snaps.

"Watch were you're going freak." I mock in a high pitch voice, placing my hands on my hips.

"I do not sound like that!" She screeches, making me cringe.

"You're right. You sound more like a donkey going into labour."

I try to keep the smile off my face and look as serious as I can, but I can't. The image of Maddison as a donkey keeps cracking me up! Don't ask how I got that image but imagine a bitchy looking goat with bleach blond hair that's kind of going orange with bright red lipstick and- HA! I can't get over it.

"Ladies, finish this on the basketball court." Chase comes up from behind me.

"You play basketball!" We both yelled. 

Before I can hide it, a small smirk forms on my face, confidence radiating off of me.

"See you there." I say politely then brush past her.

"Now why would you do that?" You ask? Well it's because I know for a fact that I'll be able to 'finish' things with her on the court. I play the highest level of basketball there is, or at least I used to before... well you know.