Chapter 3

Harley Thompson's POV

The boy beside Ben was absolutely gorgeous.

The boy had dark brown hair that almost looked black with deep dark chocolate brown eyes the seemed dark and closed off. His tan skin looked so smooth and complimented his dark brown hair.

The thing that surprised me the most was when he looked at me, my heart fluttered a little.

"This is our sister, Harley." Tyler introduces me.

The smirk quickly falls off of the boys face and Ben stares at me but slowly falls and sits on the floor with his mouth open.

"Holy fucking shit." He whispers.

I look at Aurora who glares at Ben. Probably for swearing.

Tears run down Bens face as he stares at me. I look up at Mason who has surprise written all over his face as he looks at me then Ben.

"Tyler dear, can you go get Mason a chair?" Aurora asks.

Tyler nods then gets out of his chair and walks past Ben and Mason.

Mason helps Ben up and walks over to the table. Ben sits across from me while Mason waits for a chair. They both stare at me in surprise.

This is an odd response.

"I'm Ben." He finally manages out. "And this is Mason."

"I assumed." I whisper out.

Ben smiles slightly at me but it slowly turns into a full on smile once he's out of his stare of shock.

A door closing brings my attention off of Ben and Mason and over to Tyler who now has a chair in his hand. That door must lead to the basement or a storage room.

"Here." Tyler says and passes a chair to Mason.

Mason nods in response and sits down in it beside Ben. I begin eating again and listen to the chatter around the table.

Aurora, Tyler, and David talk about work while Bentley and Ben talk about someone. I'm not sure who yet though.

"So, Harley, do you play any sports?" David asks.

"Um... I play volleyball, basketball, baseball. I also dance and I participate in track and field. I used to be on my own team." I say and tuck some hair behind my ear.

"Wow. That's a lot of sports. Tell me, what events do you do in track?" David asks again.

By now, the whole table is listening and it really makes me nervous.

"Um well, I usually do long distance running and short sprints. I enjoy doing high jump too. I can do other events but those are the ones I'm best at."

"What kind of dancing do you do?" Aurora asks excitedly.

"I used to do ballet and Jazz, but I quit five years ago because I started to do hip-hop dancing and break dancing, it's actually really fun." I smile at the thought.

I love all my sports, but dance is my favourite after basketball. Basketball is my all time favourite. Really, if you want to make conversation with me, just talk about sports I guess.

"We should get you onto a dance team or something!"

Aurora has a huge smile on her face as she eats her supper. She must really like dance.

"I was wondering if we could try to get me on a basketball team?" I ask unsurely.

What if they say no? Would that make Greg and Jennifer better than them? No. Never.