Chapter 5

Harley Thompson's POV

Third period was the longest class I've ever participated in ever. At least it's lunch and I'll get to hang out with Sam. Her and I have been texting all morning.

A reminder goes off on my phone to call Ben. Right.

I dial his number then listen to the ringing until he answers.

"Hey! We're sitting at the table in the middle of the cafeteria! I'll wave to you!" He says excitedly.

"Yeah about that, this girl named Sam asked if I wanted to eat lunch with her. I totally forgot I was going to sit with you today, sorry." I press my lips together and lean against the wall.

"Oh! That's fine. Have fun with Sam." He says then hangs up.

Odd.

I let out a breath I was holding in. I really didn't want to upset Ben.

"What are you doing here, standing all alone?" A low voice says. I can literally hear the confidence drip from his words.

I look over to see the one and only Mason Parks. How nice.

"Oh hey Mason." I smile slightly.

Since Ben and I became very close, Mason didn't hang out as much as he did with the first week. I hope it wasn't because of me.

"Your brother ditch you or something?" Mason grins and leans beside me with his arm beside my head.

He's so close to me. His face millimetres away from mine. If I just move my face a little closer...

"Actually, I ditched him." I step away from him.

For a second, it almost looked like disappointment flashed through his eyes. I could have been wrong though.

I'm not into the whole 'hookup then break up' kind of thing. Ben, Bentley, and Tyler all warned me about Mason and his player ways or what ever. Though it only intrigued me more. It shouldn't though, I want commitment, and from what I've heard, he doesn't do commitment.

"Why's that?" He recovers fast by crossing his arms, protectively.

"Found cooler friends." I smirk, trying to hide the smile trying to cross onto my face.

I always want to smile when I'm around him.

"Oh?" He raises his eyebrows and now has a playful smirk himself.

"Yup, which reminds me."

I grab my phone and call Sam, ending my conversation with Mason.

Sam answers the call within a second.

"Hey! Where are you?" Sam instantly says.

"Outside the cafeteria, I'm walking in now."

I push the red painted doors open and am welcomed to loud chatter and the lovely smell of food that makes my stomach growl. Good thing I brought money.

"I see you! Walk straight, I'm waving."

I look around the cafeteria, my eyes landing on Sam instantly. I smile widely at her then walk the her.

"Hey Harley!" Sam says then moves her stuff off of the chair.

I guess I'm supposed to sit there.

"Hey Sam." I say, sitting down beside her.

"Harley, this is Kaycee,"