Chapter 20

Yesterday Dumbledore was pronounced a fugitive and Umbridge took over at Headmistress. Her decrees were tougher and more students were ending up in detentions. Most of them were couples. It's outrageous to just not allow people to be near each other! They are clearly in love, so don't stop them. You're only making things worse. It's mid spring as people now begin thinking about revising for the finals. Our final is just last in a duel for 3 minutes with either me or Annabeth. We were doing it so girls were with Annabeth and I took the guys. Just because we both knew something would happen with at least one person if it was a guy and Annabeth or me and that girl from earlier that we had trouble with.

" Excited?" I ask.

" For the finals. Gods no." She says.

I chuckle as we organize the mats and other things. We were very busy as students were constantly using up or diner and lunch time for extra help to prepare for the finals. So now Breakfast was our only meal most days. I sigh and take a drink of my water. It was getting hotter so kids were now more exposed to getting hurt. And I let water brakes if both people are willing to stop it and take a break. It happens a lot. Students were now complaining a lot more and cranky as they kept saying the other teachers were pressing them with work. And that Umbridge and her stupid decrees weren't helping, and they wish Dumbledore was here. The Ministry began looking at each and every thing we did. What we were doing and when we were. When we had a class. When we didn't. Where our quarters were. It was a bit creepy seeing her Squad rising to power. Giving detentions whenever they felt like it. They were thirsty for power and she only fed them. First they had to report to her with anything and she'd handle it. Then they could deduct points. Then detentions. They were sick.

" What do you think of Umbridge?" She suddenly asks.

" I-" I start then I closed my mouth looking around for anybody.

" I think she's kinda sick. She's brought the most powerful wizard to hiding when there's a dark wizard who's going to kill everyone at any moment!" I exclaim.

" I agree." She says.

I nod and smile and shove a mat into the closet before locking it up and we leave for dinner for once in a while.