Chapter 8

Percy's POV

I breach the water of the lake. A few students had gathered to watch in amazement as someone willingly went for a swim with the giant squid. Emily was there too. I exit the water and grab my towel that I brought. I dried off my face. I shake my head as they gape at me.

" What're you looking at?" I demand.

They giggled and ran off whispering amongst themselves. I pulled on my jeans and camp Half-Blood t-shirt. I see Harry, Ron, Fred and George. They were chatting. So I walked over.

" Hey." I say.

" Oh hey Percy." Fred says.

" We were just talking about your class." Ron says.

" All good things I hope?" I ask.

" Oh yes. We were talking about how we are obviously your best students." The twins say.

" Obviously the most enthusiastic, but yes, I'd say my best students so far." I say.

" AHA! We told you!" They yell at the other two.

I chuckle and shake my head.

" Well aren't we the best in our class?" Harry asks.

" Oh yes. My favorites. "

" I loved your first demonstration. " Ron says.

" What was it?" They ask.

" Oh Draco was being a wiseass fit again. So Percy challenged him. When Draco say his pen he was nagging and bragging. But when his sword transformed I thought he was going to pass out of surprise. He disarmed him in one literal second!" Harry explains.

The twins burst out laughing before giving me a high five. I smile and we begin to walk through the forest. We chatted about their home. The twins and Ron live with a big family, one sister, and three other brothers. So six boys and one girl. Wow. Harry lived with his Aunt and Uncle who hated him. I asked him why and he laughed.

" You're joking? Ok anyways so there's a Dark Lord named Voldemort who heard a prophecy that a boy born at the end of July would be his demise. He instantly targeted me because I'm born on the last day of July. He killed my parents but he tried to kill me, but my mother's love kept me alive and I survived and he lost power. All was good, sort of, until last year at the Triwizard Tournament he came back to power and is now planning how to kill me." He explains.

I nod.

" How have you not? Every wizard has heard of my story." He asks.

" Oh well.. because I'm from America, I don't know of these things. And besides, I prefer to be in the muggle world. Learn the old techniques of fighting. I learned sword fighting as a Greek way from their culture. And Gods.." I lie.

He nods. " What type of Gods?"

" Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Athena, Artemis, you know, the Greek Gods." I explain.

He nods. " So does this culture, what type of evil does it have?" Fred asks.

" Oh loads of creatures. The Hydra, a dragon with multiple head. Cut off one, two more grow. Medusa, her hair has snakes, look at her and you're a stone statue. Loads more. And the God, Hades has also been a source being a general nuisance." I say.

" You speak like they are real." George says.

" Well.. some people believe they are, some don't." I say.

" Do you? Believe they're real, or are they bogus?" Harry asks.

I stuttered at a loss of words. I was about to say something when I say something in the corner of my eyes. I snap my head and take out my pen.

" What?" Ron asks.

" I saw something.." I say.

I saw a shadow once more run through trees. I uncap my pen and Crouch down, slowly advancing.

" There's nothing there.." Fred says.

It suddenly charges and I see the Minotaur.