Chapter 17

Today was the first class with my seventh years.

" I hope you all had a wonderful break, but now we need to get down onto sparring. We've done defensive strategies. And offensive. Now we just need to practice actually fighting. In a way where you don't kill the opponent. We will be supervising and improving and helping you all where we know it be necessary. " I say.

The students grabbed their weapons from the rack. Suddenly Umbridge emerged just as we were pairing everyone up.

" Oh don't mind me! I'm just observing." She smiles with her clipboard and other stupid things.

I roll my eyes which she thankfully couldn't see and continued. Once we had them all paired up. We had them begin and we began circling the mats dodging various weapons ranging out of the respective areas. We have tips and instructions to those constantly failing to their partner. We often used the twins as examples seeing as they were an even match as neither could defeat or disarm the other. She kept scribbling things down and eventually called Annabeth and she asked several questions. Soon enough Annabeth emerged from her grasp once it was time to dismiss them.

" Everyone put your weapons away on your spot and you may go." I say.

The Twins trucked and stood in the back and I approached them.

" Boys please stay after I would like a word." I whisper to them.

They nodded confused. Once they had put their weapons away and everyone left they were standing there.

" Did we do anything wrong?" Fred questions.

" Was one of our techniques or something bad?" George asked.

" Are we bad at fighting?!" They asked.

" No, No, and certainly not. You two are passing with flying colors. You two are the best students I've ever had. You two are perfectly matched so neither of you two could win. By the end of the school year you two will be sparing me and Annabeth." I say.

They gaped at my answer.

" What?!!?!?!?" They yell.

I nod. They smile and high five each other.

" Does that mean we can do our own thing from now on?" They ask.

" Yes and no. You still have to pay attention to things I say before and after class. And you have to wait for instructions other than that do whatever you want as long as it doesn't kill anybody, as long as it isn't illegal, nor is is any danger to anyone." I say.

" Awesome!" They say.

" You're dismissed for lunch." I say.

They left excitedly chattering about what I just told them. Umbridge emerged from the corner and approached me.

" Mr. Jackson I have a few questions for you." She says smiling.